Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kevin James

Gutter Vac or Gutter Wash?
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:35:45 pm »
I've both systems but find the pressure washing much less hassle plus the custie chooses to pay for 1) just emptying @ £15 per length or 2) washing down the gutters/fscias/soffits @ £20 per length.

Theres no waste to move off site & now the trucks set up right ( genny, bring me own water plus reel for hose ) it takes an hour to do a 3 or 4 bed house. This is £70 if you include a window clean.
Any thoughts?

kevin.

ftp

Re: Gutter Vac or Gutter Wash?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:14:24 pm »
I have a vac but don't enjoy washing down with wfp - it's long winded and knackering.
However gutter vacuuming is very clean with no mess at all. Where does a gutter full of debris go when you pressure wash? Most guys blast it to the downpipe and force it down which in my mind defeats the object of emptying as your just moving it to a likely place for more problems? I don't know i've never tried a pressure washer to clean gutters.

Kevin R

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 10:18:52 pm »
It depends! If there is not much in the gutters and your cleaning the outside of the gutters a pressure lance is quicker - if the gutters are full or your just doing a clear then the vac is quicker.

So for me it depends  ;)

kevin James

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 10:43:01 pm »
Aye, kevin's hit the nail. Most of my guttercleans have only silt build up, so IRS easy to shoot diluted debris down the spout. ( I wouldnever wfp the gutters, way too slow!)
If loadsof leaves & debris, then I'd vac but the price would reflect.

Kevin j

Kevin R

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 10:50:47 pm »
Aye, kevin's hit the nail. Most of my guttercleans have only silt build up, so IRS easy to shoot diluted debris down the spout. ( I wouldnever wfp the gutters, way too slow!)
If loadsof leaves & debris, then I'd vac but the price would reflect.

Kevin j

Second offer down UPVC Blitz

prismprofessional.co.uk/page.php?id=212

This is our cheapest price - doesn't include conservatory or anything - all done with a pressure lance then wfp. If we do a clear only (vac) its £50 min

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 12:51:53 am »
The lance for me everytime.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 01:49:18 pm »
"Guttervac" is an Omnipole trademarked name , just the way "reach & Wash is" an Ionics trade name.

I also believe they own intellectual property rights and the design.

I would ask permission from Omnipole if you are thinking of using it.

ftp

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 05:44:37 pm »
Who me ???