Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pittmonkey

Re: Suggestions for pricing job
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 08:47:29 pm »
This is the problem I have with the online calculator or having a set price for each window:

e.g (average prices taken from online calculators)

6 x Velux @ £2 = £12
12 x Ground Floor @ £1 = £12
13 x 1st Floor @ £1.50 = £19.50       
4 x 2nd Floor @ £2.00 = £8.00           (3 x front 1 x side)
5 x French Doors @ £2.00 = £10       

Total £61.50

Doubt I would get the job at this price.

I normally price on how long it would take to clean, if I'm cleaning other properties near by and how regular the cleans are etc:

There's a large degree of common sense when quoting any kind of job and like I said it's an art form in it's self into getting it right.

The post was interesting and has always, thrown up a wide divide in opinions. I probably used it to consolidate the price I had in mind originally, but always willing to learn.

Thanks again
Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

poole bay

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 10:19:00 pm »
14 windows and 3 doors lol next your be counting each paine of glass lol

Pittmonkey

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 10:39:21 pm »
Carl, There is a side and a back to this house m8 ;D

Mr Formby

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 10:44:05 pm »
Wayne
Which calculator did you use. I got it to £42

Pittmonkey

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 10:56:11 pm »
Yep!!! Jasons came to £42 but I've seen a few on the www with the calculator on and again there' a big differance in pricing. So just took an average.

Jason's calculator/prices do seem to be the more realistic for the North West area but I still took into account all the other aspects, time on the job, distance and the prospects of working on the site and gaining more work.

Wayne

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2009, 11:17:38 pm »
I gotta say that carl foster must be working his little bollox off for peanuts the prices he charges, are you making much money mr foster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im looking at the whole house if the back is like the front and a few windows to the side should be around £55-£60 outs and the same for inside as you spend time mopping up and maybe moving stuff off window cills. And to do guttering which i rarely do but i think its normally about £15 to font and same to back on a terraced house.

ronnie paton

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2009, 11:25:52 pm »
carl your good cleaning 40 windows in 10min which works out at 20sec a window with moving and setting up.

the questions is do you believe you can do it that quick

poole bay

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 06:27:42 pm »
sorry did not no there was more sides, if they have been cleaned with the pole twice then 20 secs a window yeah no problem should clear fine but.... all depends on the windows some windows need loads of rinses