Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

seandyer2003

Big Fish
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:59:18 pm »
How do some of the firms on here, steve cm, kev r , m clean etc and anyone else who had big account, how do you find is the best way to go about contacting these places, phone calls, letters, cold calls, or do they contact you through expensive advertising???

I have shuffled through alot of mediums for marketing except from splashing a few grand on yell as i dont want to risk the money yet, but i am wondering whether you have found one of the other ways successful or just a combination of plugging away at all of them???

Also do you have dedicated sales people or diy!!??

big paul

Re: Big Fish
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 07:30:00 pm »

Dont do yel I spent £1500, not 1 call 

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:59:57 pm »
Sean

I am going into the Yellow Pages for 2009 - 2010. I have an advert going into the drain jetting unit (as we have a drain jetter) and I want to get a revenue stream that is independant from my contract works and I also have an advert going into the commercial cleaning section. I have never tried the Yellow Pages so it will be interesting to see the outcome, particularly on the drain jetting ad -  as I see that for drain jetting people still use the yellow book.

There is no tried and tested equation on what works for getting commmercial works but one thing is for sure you need to be in the right place at the right time, even that can be manipulated to work in your favour.

Here's what I do

Offer your residential customers free cleaning for recommending you to their workplace, you get the contract they get free cleaning.

Have the best leaflet made you can afford, organise yourself a works portfolio to present and leave at companies, present yourself and your company with a good image, sign written vehicle, uniform, have a better business card than anyone elses - if I put my business card in a hat and you put yours mine would be the one that would get more interest because it is better. I have spent a lot of money on my cards and they work.

Your works portfolio is your potential clients view on you and your business, lots of photos, H & S, your services, contacts page. Ours mirrors our website. Get a website.

This one some might see as contentious - Go VAT registered, bigger companies like to use VAT registered suppliers, like a boys club, that you have reached a certain level!!!!

Be better than anyone else that is offering your services.

You can have all of that and your face might not appeal to the potential client, there might be something about you that they don't like - don't take it personally, ask them why they didn't use your service and learn from any mistakes.

keep at it and keep putting your details out there, the law of averages will dictate that sooner or later the more people know about your service, you will get the opportunities that you are looking for.

Good luck

Rob ;D

rhys11

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 08:45:28 pm »
Sean

I am going into the Yellow Pages for 2009 - 2010. I have an advert going into the drain jetting unit (as we have a drain jetter) and I want to get a revenue stream that is independant from my contract works and I also have an advert going into the commercial cleaning section. I have never tried the Yellow Pages so it will be interesting to see the outcome, particularly on the drain jetting ad -  as I see that for drain jetting people still use the yellow book.

There is no tried and tested equation on what works for getting commmercial works but one thing is for sure you need to be in the right place at the right time, even that can be manipulated to work in your favour.

Here's what I do

Offer your residential customers free cleaning for recommending you to their workplace, you get the contract they get free cleaning.

Have the best leaflet made you can afford, organise yourself a works portfolio to present and leave at companies, present yourself and your company with a good image, sign written vehicle, uniform, have a better business card than anyone elses - if I put my business card in a hat and you put yours mine would be the one that would get more interest because it is better. I have spent a lot of money on my cards and they work.

Your works portfolio is your potential clients view on you and your business, lots of photos, H & S, your services, contacts page. Ours mirrors our website. Get a website.

This one some might see as contentious - Go VAT registered, bigger companies like to use VAT registered suppliers, like a boys club, that you have reached a certain level!!!!

Be better than anyone else that is offering your services.

You can have all of that and your face might not appeal to the potential client, there might be something about you that they don't like - don't take it personally, ask them why they didn't use your service and learn from any mistakes.

keep at it and keep putting your details out there, the law of averages will dictate that sooner or later the more people know about your service, you will get the opportunities that you are looking for.

Good luck

Rob ;D

very heplfull thanks rob
rhys

Kevin R

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 10:12:17 pm »
YP and Yell a complete waste of time for me this year (first year like this though) Main enquiries through website and adwords as well as direct targeted, relentless marketing to an individual (facilities manager).

Keep going long enough and next time they need something your in their mind.  ;)

Remember do it on the cheap and you'll end up with cheap. Provide quality services and quality marketing materials - there are no short cuts!!!!

seandyer2003

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 08:24:45 am »
Seems to be a mixed bag then yell.com?

I was thinking of spending more money on ad words, but seems you need to spend big to make anything?

Thanks for the replies guys, i knew there was no easy way as i have been plugging away for a while now with little response but i think i probably need to work on having more quality marketing material, i have thought this for a while but will get on to it now, and stop making them myself :)

By the way M_CLEAN, where you get your designs for cards etc, done??