Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

daveappleby

eco-flow? Varistream??? why???!!!
« on: February 08, 2009, 03:55:32 pm »
Hi

I have a sureflo 100psi running through 100m of microbore, not had one hitch in over 12 months.

I have seen the eco-flow/varistream's on the market but cant really see why you would want/use one?!

I only use 1 reel and control the flow from an inline valve. I can maybe understand it running more than one reel.

So, why do we/you use them? I cant see what the point is...any replies much appreciated

Thanks ;D

jonisondell

Re: eco-flow? Varistream??? why???!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 04:42:07 pm »
good question, controls you flow better instead of adjusting pressure manually, but if you can get away controlling flow this way fair enough and you saved yourself a few quid,

and why use a leasure battery?? when you have one in your van, ive been using my van battery for ages no problems do min 10 jobs and large jobs,  dont have to mess about charging ect.

if your high  pressure switch does fail you do have the fuse as a backup to protect the motor

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 04:46:29 pm »
Personally it means I can adjust flow rate, and shutoff pressure quite easily. Helps when you are doing leaky georgians, put shut off pressure to 7, and flow to 1, and you can be very careful.

Even with a flow valve, you cannot always get the exact same flow rate everytime you adjust it? Never used anything but varistreams I must say though, so I might be wrong.

Also you can quite easily tweak your system to just the way you like it, you can with a shureflo as well, but it might not be as easy as pressing a couple of buttons.

Apart from that, not much I don't think. When I got one, there was still a debate over how long a pressure switch would last as well, which led me to purchase one.

macmac

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 06:31:26 pm »
As others have said but also- It uses less battery power. Using a bypass your pump is always on full speed, you just direct the flow 2 ways. Using a controller (varistream) the pump only spins at what it is set at. for me, I have the flow on setting 1 & the pump is only just ticking over. I use a pump box & connect it to 12v (cig) socket & have never flattened a battery while using a controller. ;)

Tony

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 06:43:01 pm »
It's a bit like saying why have a gas pedal on a car, just set it to max and ride the clutch.  The engine will be going flat out wasting petrol and eventually wear out.  Your pump will last longer and the battery will be better off.  I'd say the only reason for not having one is if you use the full flow rate of the pump at the brush.

Simon.

macmac

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 06:49:20 pm »
It's a bit like saying why have a gas pedal on a car, just set it to max and ride the clutch.

Reminds me of when I used to race motorcycles, back when all racing engines were two-stroke, the above was pretty much necesary all the time to get the old stroker spinning! Arrrrr, them were the days. :D

Tony

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 07:05:11 pm »
It's a bit like saying why have a gas pedal on a car, just set it to max and ride the clutch.

Reminds me of when I used to race motorcycles, back when all racing engines were two-stroke, the above was pretty much necesary all the time to get the old stroker spinning! Arrrrr, them were the days. :D

Tony

Good old 2 stroke smoke.

Can you use a Varistream with a Flojet pump?

Yep I have two varistream flojet setups.  Much better pump, hardly pumping at all when turned to the right setting on the varistream an yet still plenty of flow.

Simon.

Simon.

macmac

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 07:07:09 pm »

Tony

Good old 2 stroke smoke.

Can you use a Varistream with a Flojet pump?

Yep I have two varistream flojet setups.  Much better pump, hardly pumping at all when turned to the right setting on the varistream an yet still plenty of flow.

Simon.

Simon.

Castrol R, smell it a mile off ;D ;D

dave.e

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 07:07:49 pm »
hi guys why would you want a varistream just more things to go wrong. i have a sureflo 6.4lt per min 100psi pump with tap on pole all i do is open tap all the way and work a lot quicker and befor any one asked i work of a 350lt tank and can still bring home about xxx amount a day so i am happy and don,t have any probs with system. dave

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 09:02:47 pm »
I understood that varistream won't guarantee use with microbore, am I wrong, it wouldn't be the first time

LWC

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 09:06:25 pm »

Tony

I used to have a RD350, what a beast  ;D

I use a varistream as my last pump broke using the tap on the hose, you think its chucking all that water out at full chog and your there slowing it down with a tap restricting the flow. At least the Varistream controls the pump and doesnt restrict the flow.

jonisondell

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 09:25:09 pm »
i had a gamma 500 now that was a monster, a mate of mine has a kwak 750 tripple what a noise

LWC

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 09:49:12 pm »
i had a gamma 500 now that was a monster, a mate of mine has a kwak 750 tripple what a noise

Here my baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zvs5t275uw

jonisondell

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 10:56:18 pm »
nice, would love a 350 top top bike.

macmac

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 11:00:10 pm »
Have you seen how much money good, clean examples of these old 2-strokes are fetching now ;D ;D ;D

Them were the days, micron pipes, hi-tek racing reeds, simpson bandit with black visor down to the newsagents every month for the latest edition of "performance bikes" ;D ;D ;D

My racing days were off road though, YMSA, derby/notts area mostly. Have always had road bikes too, sold my last one 5 years ago ZX6R.

Wish list is - mint Aprillia RS250 or RGV250. :)

Tony

daveappleby

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 11:17:30 pm »
Cheers for all the comments. Keep them coming

jonisondell

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 11:30:41 pm »
yes the rd350 first real performance bike. god i feel old, i wish i still had my old fizzy would be worth a fortune

mark dew

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 12:37:22 am »
My flojet broke a couple of months ago after 2+ years of good use without a controller.
I prefer that setup to using a freedom trolley plugged into the water tank. Which i use until i buy another pump.

Oh yeah, better to have the on/off valve between the water tank and the pump. The pump won't be trying to pull as much water through then.
I've used a trolley on/off for almost 3 years without a problem but it doesn't give me a regular flow all of the time.

LWC

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 07:28:47 am »
Lets start a thread about these bikes, dont want to detract from the original thread, but need to talk about LC's lol

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=69740.0

ftp

Re: eco-flow? Varistream??? why???!!! New
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 09:09:49 am »
Mine fits in the van perfectly, although i could do with a smaller tank and i have to take the reel out first!  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSDwq_7xXGw&NR=1