Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gary evans

accountants charges for small business
« on: February 09, 2009, 09:01:42 am »
Read previous post from feen & it made me think am i being overcharged, been with mine years & its a lot higher than any on here previous mentioned.

Mine does.

All accounts as ltd comp.
Employee wages
All tax returns
Vat & NI

Everything is sorted & handed in monthly nice & neat in a folder seperate sections for receipts, banking, invoices & payments etc

What do you guys pay with small busines,s 5+ employees & 3+ vehicles

Gary

bluez

Re: accountants charges for small business
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:57:38 am »
similar size biz but not ltd, my accountant had agreed to do my basic accounts (ie annual returns and accounts) I do payroll and vat, for €1500 but then sent me a bill for €8000 I am still laughing, needless to say I am not paying it. When I challanged him he dropped it but not by enough. From now on I am doing them myself. >:(

hi

gary evans

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 10:08:23 am »
Cheers Bluez

Thats nearer to mine the quote that is.

Gary

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 12:31:56 pm »
If youve done all the payroll, employee tax NI etc then all the accountant has to do is your own net profit and loss, same as a one man band.

I have a franchise set up, so I dont get involved with franchisee accounts, but its the same thing from the accountants point of view - I record all my own earnings and all the royalties I receive which is my income, then all the outgoings which is my expenditure.

My accountant tidies it up and submits it online - the Revenue prefer it that way.  I pay 200 plus vat.

Some years ago I was using another accountant who charged me 2000 :o :o

Do what I did - shop around.