Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jason Atwell

Re: Leaflets with price on.
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 01:22:53 pm »
I wouldn't spit on £100 pound a day don't know any windowcleaners that earn as little per day as that  >:( :P

These sort of posts is why people leave this forum. ::)
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

ZaNo

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 01:28:01 pm »
He was probably kidding around calm down...sheesh.

Big Dave @ CWC

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 11:24:16 pm »
i've put prices on my leaflets for the same reason Chris Brooke explained on this post, i simply counted the windows on the front, estimate the back to be the same then add the sides, then take two or three pounds off and they have a good offer, this was my method to building a round of £200 pound a day.

It didnt add to that at first obviously because i knocked a couple of pounds off but it got me started VERY quick, i simply pushed the price up after a year putting it down to inflation then i was sorted,

Though i wouldnt recommend putting the prices up due to inflation in this current climate as we are looking
at DE-FLATION.  If anything we should all be putting our prices down a little just to show our custies we are thinking of them. then put it up when the economy is picking up again. thats our best chance of them not cancelling cos lord knows ive had a few so far.....   i dont mean alot but just 50p or so, believe it or not that adds up to the custies.  Obviously dont bother with the ones with big houses and flash motors in the driveway of course. ;D

Big Dave @ CWC

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 11:56:50 pm »
i wish ;D

Helen

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 05:12:39 pm »
You from Dorset Helen?

Sorry to hijack post Gazza :)

No, Hampshire. But have connections wth Devon, Dorset and Somerset :)

mikethechamois

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 06:17:42 pm »
you have to carefull when discussing prices to differentiate between gross and net

if your charging on average £15 per house and with travelling time averaging two an hour, thats £30 per hour over a six hour day thats £180 or £900 per week, which sounds brilliant untill you take off all the costs incured with running a business plus tax and ni

this can bring your take home down to around the £4-500 mark which all though not bad in this current economic climate is not brilliant for a self employed businesssman

many wcs aim for £50+ per hr which gives them a decent living plus cash available to re invest in equipment and development of their business

the reality is in many parts of the country its impossible to get £15 per house with houses being cleaned for as little as £3  per house , this means the wc doesnt have the luxury of two an hour and has to work extremely hard to make a living.

whats needed is alicencing system in this country the same as scotland, the newly licenced wcs should in theory be able to raise the local rate to meet demand and give us all a decent living

we should all stick tgether and make the trade our own

in answer to the thread................never differentiate on price only, if your the cheapest then someone will always come along and undercut you, be professional and charge aproper rate...........and dont give your prices to the competition on a plate...........let them work to find out

mattywig

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 12:05:24 am »
I wasn't kidding about not spitting on a £100 a day I honestly don't know how you would go about earning as little as that and don't know of any of my friends in the trade that earn that low an amount seriously.  Even with patchy work as long as it's priced as £1 per window, £3 per bay, £5 per conservatory you should have no problem in earning £200 in a 7 hour day as an absolute minimum working alone.

By the way I said I wouldn't spit upon £100 a day, I in no way said or implied that I would spit upon a hardworking man that earned £500 a week for his family so please do not misrepresent me.  Hell I would work stacking shelves in ASDA for £250 a week if it was the only way I could put food on the table.

geefree

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 05:01:50 pm »
sorry to drag this post back up....

well, regarding the first post in this topic.......

a customer rang me today (one of them who recieved the guys leaflet)

said can i not bother anymore, as i had left rubber marks on her frames.... i said are you sure? as i am very thorough and double check everything, and never touch frames with the side of my brush... she said , yes so please dont call anymore...

i said ok.. but i am on my way round now to check out these black marks on your frames....

ooooh .... she said... erm, i have wiped them all off now.... ;D ;D ;D

really.. i said .....oh dear... well its the first time anyone has ever said that to me...oh and make sure that new window cleaner who dropped you a leaflet.... does your frames and doors ok...? bye.

lol...  ??? ::)

Tosh

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 05:17:50 pm »
Gazza,

I bet most of us have heard similar; some customer's won't tell you the truth when they drop you; they'd rather critisize your work and drop you rather than come clean and say they've found someone cheaper (or that they can't afford you anymore).

I had a lovely cancellation today; the lady said her husband had lost his job and once they're back on their feet, she promised to have me back.

I'll not hold my breath, but she was genuinely apologetic and a lovely customer too.