Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

eclipse

which company
« on: January 16, 2009, 06:13:01 pm »
Im looking to buy a van mounted  RO system to replace my DIY  delivery only system

now i dont want this to become some sort of bitchfest but which of the 2 companys would you guys recommend

one is a company which has been trading  since 1990 and makes from what i can gather one of the best Trolley systems on the market

The other is a relativly new company headed up by what i can gather one of the most respected window cleaners in my area who used to be part of the company above 

now looking on Ebay there seems to be very little difference in price of the 2 systems

im looking at a 500 litre van mounted RO systems as i said but i would like some feedback from people who have used both companys

im on a budget of £2000 fitted

any help required

eclipse

Re: which company
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 08:57:53 pm »
> Pretty please

jaykie

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 09:01:26 pm »
Purefreedom or Andrew McCann you mean

paulscotney

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 09:02:22 pm »
You mean P F and Andrew McCann  I think. I have only ever dealt with Andrew when he was at PF and he was great.  He was sound with me. His word is his bond.

I rate him 100%

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 09:05:04 pm »
AM has a great reputation and this is what built PF. If you want the backing of a large firm then go for PF, but of you want personal service from the motivator himself then go with AM.

If you want his unique trolleys though I think you have to go with PF still.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 09:14:52 pm »
I've bought from pure freedom,.. but its Andrew that made them great, so if I was buying again Andrew would be the man I called.

jaykie

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 09:20:31 pm »
Andrew is the reason I drove 12 hours in a day to get my system as he new what he was talking about and wouldnt sell me something i didnt need, but like Alex said if its a trolley your going for then purefreedom is the place to get it as im sure theres a post on here about those trolleys that i think andrew sells.

eclipse

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 09:22:56 pm »
no im looking for a 500 litre van mounted RO system i started with a trolley then upgraded to a pure delivery only diy system 

jaykie

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 09:24:37 pm »
Have you not got room for a static tank, Ive got a purefreedom setup but wish i only got them to put the tank in and had a static tank instead and filled when needed.
What van have you got.

paulscotney

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 09:25:39 pm »
no im looking for a 500 litre van mounted RO system i started with a trolley then upgraded to a pure delivery only diy system  

Thats excactly what I got from Andrew. Had it 14 months, not one problem

s.w.c

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 09:32:51 pm »
its the personal touch for me so i would go with AM,  when he was at PF it was AM that made it for me i brought a complete van set from him then recommend several mates to him direct ,  then went back for the trolley and again for a larger pole,  it was AM that made you feel welcome and full of advise even if he does talk funny,  mind you above huntingdon they all sound funny to me.   i agree with Alex about the trolley its still the best and i believe AM had a lot of input to it as he was a window cleaner after all.  i would rather the personal touch from a window cleaner any day than a salesman that has never cleaned a window in his life.

eclipse

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 10:18:37 pm »
I have got a mercedes vito 110 cdi Dualiner with factory fitted bulkhead behind the rear seats

at the moment i have got a static tank 1000 ltr ibc  with water filtration in my garage
i have a 250 ltr tank in the back of my van with the pump box adapted from my trolley system

i could in theory get another 1000ltr tank if i needed one and also put that one in the garage but i thought it would be easier to have the filtration system in my van

again any feedback is great

i can go too big as i am also a carpet and upholstery cleaner so i need room for my machince which is quite large as well

jaykie

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 10:22:17 pm »
Personally id get a 650 liter fitted by Andrew but keep the static at home, it will be cheaper for you and you van fill up from static and it will carry on filling while your working, this is something im going to be doing this year (getting static)

ladders no more

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 11:09:37 pm »
Bought a trolly off the company Pure Freedom about six months ago
no problems, when i got the hang of it a great machine.
Spoke to them earlyer this month about a van system now my rounds geting bigger
you could tell they have been around a while
I was told they build them from scratch and they dont use contracters for any work so if there was any problems I would not be messed around and they would sort it out.
Still looking for a better deal but the after service sounds good and the comments made on this site about this company is great, so I think for a van system Pure Freedom has just got is nose in front
I am still a newby to WFP but still learning and the Threads on this site helped me a great deal tx every one. When iv been useing WFP as long as some of you Guys ill possibly be able to contribute more

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 11:43:29 pm »
Have you not got room for a static tank, Ive got a purefreedom setup but wish i only got them to put the tank in and had a static tank instead and filled when needed.
What van have you got.

This might be a very good idea.

After the ice up 2 weeks ago for 5 days I would be a little worried about leaving my ro in a freezing van all night long, especially if you can't heat it.  If you fill a static tank in a garage or heated shed you won't have this problem.  The ro would be the most expensive thing to replace.

I get the impression from Andrews posts that he knows what he's doing.

Simon.

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 12:30:39 am »
Re using sub contractors.

What's the problem there? I sub contract the building of our frames and the same company also fits the systems for me. That is all they do. We assemble the systems ourselves onto the frames which we have made for us. The fitting of the assembled systems is also done by them They are EXPERT at what they do considering  they work on commercial vehicles. They are very long established going back generations. Commercial vehicle main dealers send them brand new vehicles with bare chassis to have bodies built onto them. These are in the main large commercial vehicles which are subject to very rigorous rules and regs. These are multi tens of thousands in value vehicles entrusted to them by main dealers so their credentials are faultless.

I chose them very carefully indeed.

It is actually quite common for reputable suppliers to sub contract this work out and is of no detriment at all to the customer. In fact the contrary is true. The fitting of a tank into a vehicle safely should be done by experts with years of experience working to very high standards in vehicle modification/alteration.

Andrew

paulscotney

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 12:49:48 am »
Bought a trolly off the company Pure Freedom about six months ago
no problems, when i got the hang of it a great machine.
Spoke to them earlyer this month about a van system now my rounds geting bigger
you could tell they have been around a while
I was told they build them from scratch and they dont use contracters for any work so if there was any problems I would not be messed around and they would sort it out.
Still looking for a better deal but the after service sounds good and the comments made on this site about this company is great, so I think for a van system Pure Freedom has just got is nose in front
I am still a newby to WFP but still learning and the Threads on this site helped me a great deal tx every one. When iv been useing WFP as long as some of you Guys ill possibly be able to contribute more
[/quote

Pure freedom was good when Andrew McCann was there.