Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

What if no DI ?
« on: December 31, 2008, 11:45:14 am »

Hi lads & Ladettes,

Just a silly question really, what if your RO UNIT had no DI. No DI resin tank what would the results be then in the TDS..? Does anyone not have a DI on there RO Unit?

Dave

ftp

Re: What if no DI ?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 12:04:03 pm »
My di is in the van so out of the ro i get between 6ppm and 14ppm depending on if i use my booster pump.

steve a

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 12:04:51 pm »
I changed my ro membrane a couple of months ago and for a while got 0.00 out of it, this amazed me and I cant understand it. But if it had stayed this way I would have had no need for di.

As regards your question, some peeps on here say they use water as high as 10-11 ppm and get good results on glass, if this be the case and you're happy at this ppm then you won't need to polish the water down to 0.00.

Personally I only use water that is 0.00-0.01

Steve a

kris martin

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 12:37:33 pm »
my water is 067 i havnt changed my ro for 9 months and have a di after it, i checked my water a couple of weeks ago after the ro and it is 000.. Why i have a di i dont know.......

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 02:42:16 pm »
Your tds will depend on tap pressure, input TDS, temp, membrane type and age etc etc,... so it varies from one person to the next. If your TDS without DI is 000, then there's no need to bother with DI at all.

Hi lads & Ladettes,

Just a silly question really, what if your RO UNIT had no DI. No DI resin tank what would the results be then in the TDS..? Does anyone not have a DI on there RO Unit?

Dave

kris martin

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 03:22:13 pm »
i recently moved house and where i lived my water was 057 and where i am now the water is 067, at both houses my water pressure is extremely high....   at my old house i was producing water a lot faster than i am now and was wondering if that difference of 010 would really slow it down that much and if there is anything i can do to speed it up... before i had hardly any waste and now it is mostly waste...  :(