Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jaykie

What battery
« on: December 31, 2008, 05:37:52 pm »
Ive currently got a 85ah battery that i got with my purefreedom system back in April but it on ly lasted 4 hours today 11 propertys, So went to a local ctrade company and they had a 115ah leisure battery £85+vat so id need to also buy a new charger which is 230v £62 plus vat, does this seem ok or do i need something else

Mr H

Re: What battery
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 07:12:13 pm »
For the same price as the charger you could get a split relay fitted in the van and never need to worry about charging the battery again.
The 115ah battery should last you all day depending on:-

A - the ampage of your pump
B - how far you travel to keep the battery charged up.

To find out how long the battery will last you reduce the ah by 10% then divide by the ampage of the pump..... So 10% off 115 = 103.5ah and let say a pump running at 9amps so arround 11.5 hrs of constant use from a fully charged battery.

Regards
Mr H

dd

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 08:52:07 pm »
Unless you do loads of miles you would still need to take battery out to charge it, they last longer if kept well charged and not allwed to go flat. A split charge relay is probably a good idea though.

Londoner

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 09:08:42 am »
I have given up with all these expensive leisure batteries. Went to my local tyres, exhausts and battery place and bought an ordinary car battery for £36. Got home and made a wooden carrying case with a handle.
Been using it for a while and its still working fine. When it starts failing I will just go back and get another one. Simple.

Maplin sell those push on and lock battery terminals and a cheap plug and socket so I can just plug it in when I want to.

scud

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 01:57:23 pm »
  I've said this before, and I will say it one last time, take notice if you want.

Go to a Mobility Scooter Dealer - the scooters run on leisure batteries (mostly 2), the used batteries have no value to them as OAP's only want new (an old person thing), they will either give you a battery or two, or charge you a nominal fee, after all you are doing them a favour as they have to payto dispose of them.

Go and ask, you may save yourselves a small fortune, I have 2, one will run a pump for approx 3000 litres of water on domestic height work.

neil100

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 02:30:00 pm »
Buy the best battery you can afford. In my first year of wfp I went through 5 batterys 3x 85 amp and 2x 110 amp numax batterys. They are cheap rubbish you get what you pay for, and i allwayscharged them up everynight. the bottom line is theyare not up to the job day in day out.

I do an 9 hour day and the batterys are going nearly all the time, Here is a link below where I bought my last 2 batteries from. I use one in the morning and one in the afternoon, I top them up every night and they are nearly 2 years old.

The site tells you how many recharges you will get. The more expensive batteries will work out cheaper in the long run.

http://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/cgi-bin/megastore/commerce.cgi?page=Batteries_Caravan.html

Neil