Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

STEVE-UK

ford transit reliability ?
« on: December 30, 2008, 10:48:44 am »
i found a transit lwb 125 bhp fwd at a good price and was under the impression they reliable  till i read these  www.carsurvey.org/reviews/ford/transit/

These could be just a few abused / badly maintained vans,

I used these when working for a logistics firm with no problems when they 1st came out, can anyone with one let me know your experiences

Slash

Re: ford transit reliability ?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 10:59:29 am »
I have a T280 54 reg swb and is so reliable it's like clockwork,my next door neighbour has an old BT one about 20 years old he uses as he is carpenter/builder and starts everytime and he goes out earlier than me,the only downfall with these vans I think is that they rust more than any other van and did'nt find this out until I purchased mine earlier this year not that it showing any signs yet but other than that it's the most reliable van you will come across ;)

George P

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:18:59 am »
weve had transits for last 4-5 years of differant ages all have been reliable even our earlier ones with over 150,000 miles on, our oldest transit now has done approx 125,000 due for a service soon but very reliable only starter motor let me down and some ignitition wiring to s/motor

Rob_Mac

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 11:27:07 am »
Got a long wheel base - high top 02 reg with 135000 on the clock, carries all our drain jetting and pressure washing kit. Never look after it, just drive it.

Sailed through another MOT and never lets us down!!!!

Rob ;D

sean.w.c.s

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 11:59:02 am »
we have transit connet 220 lwb on 54plate. its a great van. we do 500 miles a week in it. its good on the moterway wants to keep going after 70mph. its fine round town to. we run the van full loaded and it does 30 to 35 mpg loaded.

Steve CM

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 02:08:16 pm »
wheres squeaky? is he reading this?? ;D ;D

Dean Aspects

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 04:25:17 pm »
I bought a Transit T280 6 months ago and i love it it does what i need it to do i did have to have the fuel solenoid and the battery replaced but it drives great even with a full load in
Before i got it i was asking everyone that had one what they thought of it and never got a bad word said about them everyone seemed to be in love with them
To be honest i wish i had bought one years ago

Steve CM

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 05:13:22 pm »
i have made my veiws clear on here before ;D but i have had numerous ones and all have been reliable. you do get the odd bit of rust and more of it as its gets older but for reliability they are good

rugby

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 01:19:55 pm »
my last 3 vans were transits, but for some reason i must have had a brain fart and i bought a vauxhall movano, bloody rubbish is only an 04 reg but i am going to have to scrap it or pay out at least £2000 to repair an engine that seems intent on self destruction.

get a tranny every time

dudek

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 03:58:36 pm »
I have a T280 54 reg swb and is so reliable it's like clockwork,my next door neighbour has an old BT one about 20 years old he uses as he is carpenter/builder and starts everytime and he goes out earlier than me,the only downfall with these vans I think is that they rust more than any other van and did'nt find this out until I purchased mine earlier this year not that it showing any signs yet but other than that it's the most reliable van you will come across ;)
How much water you carrying around in that?

Slash

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 04:13:17 pm »
500 litres and don't notice it.

Glyn H

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 04:15:36 pm »
we have an 07 LWB Transit, have had to change the clutch twice,two sets of tyres and one set of brakes  in 16 months but it is fully loaded with a 800 litre and 400 litre tanks, twin DI, hot water system and loads of wfp poles hand tools and three window cleaners. so that will have a big effect on wearing out the above parts.
Last one we had was an 02 which we again had from new.
We also use an 05 Renault Traffic 27  ....... not as good as the transit as it lacks power.