Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

monkeyman

ORGANIZING WORK
« on: December 29, 2008, 11:35:02 am »
How do you guys go about organizing your work.
Don't really want to use george, and how do you get on about days lost due to bad weather  ???

supernova77

Re: ORGANIZING WORK
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 11:41:00 am »
Don't really want to use george

Why don't you want to use George?

It does the job for me!

Andy

mark dew

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 11:49:28 am »
if you don't want to use a specific program then the calendar in microsoft outlook is a good one to arrange your schedule with.
If i lose a days work i will try and catch up by getting done by the friday or maybe saturday and then back as normal in the normal slot next month.
On some work i will move them to 6 weeks a couple of times to bring them back into place.

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 12:23:22 pm »
I use a spreadsheet in Excell.

I use the following columns:

-----------------------------------------------------

Area Code (for grouping my work together)

House name/number

1st line of address

Amount charged

Amount outstanding

Customer Name

Customer Telephone Number

Date Last Cleaned

Remarks

---------------------------------------------------

Each time I want to manipulate the spreadsheet, I save it to a 'working file' and then sort using the sort function by area, by date, or if I want to know who owes me, I can sort by the 'amount outstanding' column.

It may sound a bit long winded, but it honestly takes me no longer than five to ten minutes per day to update and manipulate.

dai

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 02:32:18 pm »
I use 6x4" stock cards and always have, each card has a plastic sleeve and the sleeves go into a small photo album.
This is a really simple method of recording the days work.Each square represents a clean, If they pay they get a / if they'r out they get a 0, when they do pay they get the 0 struck over with a /. if they are not done for any reason they get a _.
if they pay in advance you put a tick in the amount of squares paid.
I always do the more lucrative commercial stuff on time, the domestic get done where ever they are on the rota, if I have a few days off, I start back with the next on the list.