Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fintan_Coll

Re: New van
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 05:51:03 pm »
`The previous Hyundai van, the H100 had a reputation of being extremely thirsty. I would think the new one should be better.

colin thomas

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2008, 05:57:57 pm »
have to say that touch wood my high roof lwb vivaro runs a dream with no problems in 18 months but then i don't drive it like it's a sports car,

colin ;)
colin thomas

richie

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2008, 07:06:39 pm »
The 1.9 version of the Citroen/Peugot/Fiat Expert type vans are VERY sluggish yet the other engines are abit more responsive.  The main problems with all the Expert type is the FUEL ECONOMY.  I have know many that have this type of van (not just CCs) & all have said that they are heavy on the fuel.   We did a trip in 2 vans....1 was a Fiat Scudo & the other a Transit Jumbo.  The Scudo only had 4 dehums & about 6 air movers on it yet the Transit had a Truckmount & about 50 gal of fresh water,  15 dehums, 25-30 air movers, 30-40 paddle fans a portable  plus loads of other drying equipment.  The transit had no problems with hills or anything but the Scudo did struggle to keep up with the Transit.  Both vans were filled with fuel.  I refilled both before the return journey & the tranit had used only 6 litres more & on return to our unit the transit had used about 5 litres less.  All in all the trnsit even being a very big van with loads more weight on it was far more cost effective when it came to fuel. 

Richie.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2008, 07:24:53 pm »
The 1.9 version of the Citroen/Peugot/Fiat Expert type vans are VERY sluggish yet the other engines are abit more responsive.  The main problems with all the Expert type is the FUEL ECONOMY.  I have know many that have this type of van (not just CCs) & all have said that they are heavy on the fuel.   We did a trip in 2 vans....1 was a Fiat Scudo & the other a Transit Jumbo.  The Scudo only had 4 dehums & about 6 air movers on it yet the Transit had a Truckmount & about 50 gal of fresh water,  15 dehums, 25-30 air movers, 30-40 paddle fans a portable  plus loads of other drying equipment.  The transit had no problems with hills or anything but the Scudo did struggle to keep up with the Transit.  Both vans were filled with fuel.  I refilled both before the return journey & the tranit had used only 6 litres more & on return to our unit the transit had used about 5 litres less.  All in all the trnsit even being a very big van with loads more weight on it was far more cost effective when it came to fuel. 

Richie.
best little van for fuel and power (non turbo) was the old shape caddy van (polo shape) much better then the expert

spencer davies

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2008, 10:01:10 pm »
We have had Tranporters, Vivaros, Transits but the Mercedes Sprinter is superb, great on fuel and
really well built.

S

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2008, 10:14:07 pm »
I'm really happy with my Fiat Ducato, faster than my Transit and pulls better, holds more weight, slightly bigger and £4500 cheaper.

Had a Toyota that was a nice van also VW seriously under powered and expensive to have work done on things were 2 the price, Merc was great but too expensive to buy and watch depreciate even my accountant said it was shameful having that much van and so much depreciation also expensive parts albeit they didn't wear out no where near as fast as the VW.

I think it depends on costs and how long you want your van to last, I get rid after 4 years anyway, I'd like a test of the new Hyundai H2, they have the H1 out now but it has 4 seats but I saw the H2 on one of those secret websites and it looks good.

Shaun