Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

R.V.A Window Cleaning Services

Ladder stabiliser
« on: December 28, 2008, 04:50:22 pm »

Has anyone seen or used one ot these before? I have just bought one, the asking price was £39.95 +  £10.00 pp, they also let you put in a best offer price, i offerd £29.95 +pp and won the item. Although i,m 98% wfp i clean out a lot of gutters and get quite a lot of painting jobs so lets hope it works ;D

Big Grip Ladder Stabiliser Item number: 380091251225
In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king

Feen

Re: Ladder stabiliser
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 08:40:51 pm »
That would be on a well known auction site then ;) Whilst I think any ladder safety tool is good, this looks pretty cumbersome. If you were going to up the ladder for half an hour painting a window, I could see the value of using it. But are you really going to be bothered fitting it to clean a bit of gutter and then have to move after a few minutes ??? Have you seen ladder M8rix? Google it
Feen

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 10:00:33 am »
Thanks for all your replys, ??? when i start again on the 5,6,or 7th i won't  bother telling you if it works or not, why? because i'm feed up with you nobs thinking i'm the H20 from ionic's.
Please ban me, fools w****rs who cares ???

;D

What  brought that  little outburst on?

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 10:03:41 am »
I use my rojak ladder stopper when I've got an awkward job to do; it's a good bit of kit, and on the rare occasion I want to use my ladders at an angle, I've drilled holes in the corners of it and I can peg it onto a grassed area; or I'll get Wor Lass to stand on the rojak too; belts and braces and all that.

RPCCS

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 04:55:02 pm »
I've got a stabiliser from the dark ages, you know the weight thing for patio umbrellas that are filled with water or sand? Well its like that but bigger, has an adjustable hook on a threaded bar that clamps on to the bottom rung and two cut out slots for the bottom of the sides to rest against, would take half an hour to get it set up, thats why its never been used for years. I got it for nowt anyway.
Cheers Rich

Feen

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 08:02:19 pm »
H2O, A little too much liquid painkillers last night? ;D ;D Check out what I suggested. You won't fall off.
Feen