Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gmccleaning

Help please
« on: December 29, 2008, 09:10:32 pm »
got the chance off a rotary(170rpm),what is the procedure when cleaning carpets and what chemicals are best thanks very much,mate has volunteered his pub carpet for me to try on.

thanks  george gmccleaning

robert meldrum

Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:18:27 pm »
Before you go to the job make sure you've spent some time practicing. It's easy AFTER you practice, but you need to hold it about belly height and close in to start with. Moving it is just a matter of tilting GENTLY

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 09:24:57 pm »
A slow speed rotary is a very useful and versatile piece of kit. Not sure what you will be wanting to use it on but probably not ideal for most domestic carpet cleans.

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 09:31:22 pm »
If using pads
either you need lots of them, and a tub with cleaning solution to soak pads in.
If you only have a few pads, then 2 tubs needed, one to wash dirty pads and one for the soak.
Wringer needed, as the pads need to be heavily damp but not dripping.
OR you wring by hand.

need to spray carpet with cleaning solution - so sprayer required.

Work in 10 - 15 sq yd areas at a time.
go over area briskly, turn pad over and go over 2nd time more slowly.
change pad, move on to next area.

Could use Pure Clean, M-Power, or Nemesis.
Unlikely to get any Dry Fusion fluid from them if you dont have a DF machine, dont know about Tex fluid.

Pre vacuuming a must with a good upright cleaner - ie Sebo or Kirby.

Pub carpets are usually quite bad, so I would prefer to go in first time with a HWE machine, then at 6 months for a maintenance clean. But pubs dont like to spend money - you need to sell a service on the basis of what the customer may be looking for (clean carpets).

Rotary good for low profile commercial carpet.

gmccleaning

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 09:37:09 pm »
like i said mate is letting me try it out on his pub carpet,would u say it is better for commercial carpets if so what chemicals do u recommend

thanks  george gmccleaning

Carpet Genie

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 11:52:44 pm »
I did some low profile carpets in an office block today - used a Thermadry rotary system for the first time with Prochems new Procaps chemical - It came up lovely and was dry almost straight away due to the heat from the metal plate on the Thermadry.

Was going to use Mpower but popped into my local supplier on the way and he had some of the new Prochem stuff there so thought i'd try that.

There were some places that were really badly soiled but the Procaps stuff sorted them all right out!

I was very happy with the results. Did a total of just over 1300 square feet and only used just over half a litre of solution.  Very economical dilution rates.
Mike George

The Carpet genie

clinton

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 09:56:38 am »
George

Good to hear you had a good 1st outing with your rotary :)

It covers so much space in so little time that you can go in with a price thats good for you and the client :)

Did you use prochems bonnet buff ???

Carpet Genie

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 11:24:23 am »
Clinton,

Yea i used their new stuff - its called Prochem Procaps - it dilutes to 1 to 16 and i used about 600 ml for the entire job - only took just under three hours and earned £210.00.  I was really pleased with the result - i've been having a good practise with the machine in my house over the last couple of weeks as i wouldn't have fancied using it on this job otherwise.  :-[

When you get used to them they are really easy to use.  The Procaps did a great job - there were some really grotty bits there covered in tea and coffee and it just went straight through them.
I'd certainly reccommend it.
Mike George

The Carpet genie

robert meldrum

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 11:46:33 am »
Is this the new Prochem encapsulation product and if so, which bonnets did you use. I've seen a few encouraging posts about it.

Carpet Genie

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 01:24:37 pm »
Robert,

Yes it is - i used some queen carpet bonnets, the ones with the green stripes on them - i used an envirodri machine after prespraying the prochem product on and then went over with the bonnets which had been soaked in the chemical.

I was very impressed with it.
Mike George

The Carpet genie