Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nathanael Jones

Re: Hot L5
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 05:27:39 pm »
The bypass system works perfect on these heaters,.. simply put the bypass after the heater and the extra flow goes back to your tank a little warmer!
:)

tomy jackson

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 06:20:03 pm »
put it rond your pump so when pole is off heater is off so less gas , then only cold water is going rond pump

Ian Rochester

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 07:10:59 am »
V8edd

Impossible to claim that you broke a window cos the water was 25 degrees.

How can you break a window at 25 deg, that's not even hot water cleaning, it's just cool water hardly even warm to the touch, by the time it got to the brush head would be cold  ???

We run our Thermopure at 72 degrees and have never have a problem, even if it's bloody cold outside and the windows are frosted up.

windowswashed

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2008, 12:45:17 pm »
WELL I BROKE ANOTHER WINDOW on mon , just cleaned the windows at 25 degs water temp
stepped back started cleaning the next one and half way through that one it went CRACK from
 top to bottom oh dear I said lol and that was a few minutes after cleaning it
 20 degs max I think in this weather

V8Edd,

couple of questions for you (regarding breaking yet another window).....

how cold was it outside?
was it early morning?
did you spend a long time cleaning the window that broke?
did you have a high flow rate of water?
was you working in the shade?
was their a steamy haze coming off the glass whilst you was cleaning it?
was it a double glazed unit?

I'm curious and interested because I have 3 customers all with double glazed units, 2 had their units shatter to pieces and one crack right along the glass but at a later date when I wasn't even around. What concerns me is wether the hot water is putting stresses on the glass and kind of 'tempering' the glass making it weaker similar to heating metals and allowing them to cool too quickly making them stronger but more brittle.

I'd appreciate your honest opinions as using hot water even after 2years is still a learning curve for me.

tomy jackson

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2008, 05:53:29 pm »
iv had one crack write across the window from one side to the other in the midal of window luckerly it wos the in side pane duble glazed , he triyed to blame me , i wos trad at the time a lage pick window , wot atuarly corsed it wos the presher from abuth , now when sumet hapens it bont mene you did it as thers lots of other ansers

NWH

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2008, 06:01:02 pm »
V8edd

Impossible to claim that you broke a window cos the water was 25 degrees.

How can you break a window at 25 deg, that's not even hot water cleaning, it's just cool water hardly even warm to the touch, by the time it got to the brush head would be cold  ???

We run our Thermopure at 72 degrees and have never have a problem, even if it's bloody cold outside and the windows are frosted up.
I have a Varitech heater which i think is the same as the Thermopure being a Thermo Top c heater,do you find that the longer you use it during the day the hotter it gets.Even on flat out to start off  with it`s hot but gets hotter with more continuous use on that setting.

matt

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 06:54:06 pm »
Working with hot water is a pleasure :)

I'm intrigued, what equipment did you use to set up the heater, £200 seems very cheap? :) Is it a diesel heater or gas?

Chris

The L5 is an "on demand" gas fired heater designed for use as a portable shower, or for use in caravans /RV's. The costs to buy and run are very low, but many don't like to have a gas cylinder in the van. The diesel powered systems (Erberspacher or webasto) are quite pricey by comparison (Normally around the £1000 mark for the heater unit alone) but are quality made heaters that are designed to last the lifetime of the vehicle.

There are other RV water heaters that are suitable for wfp,.. the Arazbao JSD12 is the one I'm going to try next. I had the larger JSD20 but the heat output is actually too high to be comfortable using it in winter! I have an L5 at the moment, but I was disappointed that it needs a higher flow rate than advertised to run reliably without modification.

Oh right, its a shower heater? Have used one of those, was very good but the pressure built up if you left the hose connected, didnt cycle the water back into the tank, is that the same?

just have a little water going back into the tank

rhys11

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 08:35:30 pm »
hi there
has anyone got a picture of this L5 with the bypass installed ?? i dont know how to set one up or what they look like please

many thanks rhys
rhys

tomy jackson

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2008, 08:41:37 pm »
go to the diy frum its got one on ther with pics

rhys11

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008, 08:45:16 pm »

what site is that please?
rhys

matt

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2008, 08:47:11 pm »

its the PUMP BOX thread on the diy forum

Dave Turley

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2008, 11:26:14 pm »
why use a bypass?

surely a thermostatic mixer valve is much better?

mine's worked perfectly since I fitted one. 46°c all day long, whatever the flow. (approx 40°c at brush)

rhys11

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2008, 09:24:00 pm »

[/quote

can u give me the link for this diy forum plz matt
im thick and cant seem to find it i geen to see a picture?
thanks rhys
rhys

rhys11

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2008, 10:06:18 pm »

[/quote

can u give me the link for this diy forum plz matt
im thick and cant seem to find it i geen to see a picture?
thanks rhys

to matt
rhys

matt

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2008, 10:46:52 pm »
edit, this place doesnt even allow link to hosting sites now

here is the pic of the pump box with by-pass, i cannot link the DIY forum on here

though you can e.mail me at

diywfplink@yahoo.co.uk

matt

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2008, 10:53:31 pm »
just e.mail me for the link and then look for the PUMP BOX thread on the DIY forum