Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

danny taylor

Wagtail at heights?
« on: December 18, 2008, 08:07:38 pm »
Ive seen a few ads for wagtails lately and Im interested to hear at what sort of height you can use them. I would also like to know off anyone who uses them how easy they are and if the joint applicator and squeegy combined works ok. Thanks in advance.

dai

Re: Wagtail at heights?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 08:34:23 pm »
I haven't used one higher than about 10 ft, but the applicator squeegee combo works a treat.

foxy

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 09:26:55 pm »
what is wrong with a visa versa (unger)?
traditional cleaner, shop windows and some pubs.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 09:39:04 pm »
To heavy for me that vice versa i must be a wimp. ;D

danny taylor

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 03:20:26 pm »
What is the max height a wagtail can be effectively used?

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 07:47:27 pm »
I think it depends more on the pole than on the wagtail/visa versa or whatever. It's important to have control. It's control that determines how accurate you are and how well you can control a constant pressure on the blade.

I have a 1.25 x 2 Unger pole for my visa versa. It's terrific up to about 2 m. More than that and it's too wobbly to have control.

trevor perry

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 09:18:44 am »
i used a wagtail on the end of my SL2 at 45ft on some internal petitions it did leave an odd mark at this height but i just touched them up with a microfibre after, definately easier than scaffolding and cheaper than cherrypicker.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt