Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gardiners SL Flocked vs SL Mono DT
« on: December 20, 2008, 03:28:18 pm »
Can anyone who's got both really describe the differences.

Ive got the flocked, really happy with it, i can tell when the windows are properly clean from a first clean, its also quite suitable for regular cleans too, but im wondering whether its worth getting the mono. Dont see much point if there is no real difference.

So apart from collecting more contaminants in the brush head is there really much of a difference?

steven ainger

Re: Gardiners SL Flocked vs SL Mono DT
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 03:34:23 pm »
ive got both, and tbh i wouldnt bother getting the mono as well as i think the flocked is the best brush on the market. dont get me wrong, the mono is a good brush to.
the only differance is that i find the flock brush feels like its actually gripping the glass insted of skidding over it. if that makes sence.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 03:40:44 pm »
Yes i know exactly what you mean. I went back to my old Ionics brush the other day  :-X :-X :-X was like it was frozen stiff!

Maybe the Mono would be more suitable to conservatory and fascia cleans etc to that of the flocked? As i said brush head contaminant can be a problem.

Worth a thought?

ftp

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 03:58:44 pm »
What i have found with the dual trim mono is that it's very good on conservatory roofs where the tips of the bristles clear out the dirt from the moulded support channels. I also have the mono single trim which feels much softer. Haven't tried flocked.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 07:09:21 pm »
This is an interesting question, one that I often get asked by clients.

A lot depends upon the work carried out and the brush that your were previously used to. The flocked Super-Lite® brush is great and to be honest can be used by anyone very easily and will give great results. The mono-filament is also a good brush, but needs a little more effort to get the same glass coverage. It does have the advantage though of being very good for rinsing with the brush on the glass.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 07:14:46 pm »
and to think i only went for the flocked cos it was black :P Its made my job a lot easier, first cleans are a breeze... and great for leaded/georgian.

I think i'll get the mono, in the new year, and use it for conserv and fascias cleans.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 07:24:14 pm »
I love the mono as the water just falls out of the brush.  Absolutely perfect for regular cleans.  If your using the flocked which I haven't got but have used other flocked ones before you are more likely to have to rinse glass off.  The flocked is probably more suited to first and irregular cleaned where as the mono for regular cleans.

Simon.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 07:25:34 pm »
Does a flocked brush make THAT much difference though, its only miniscule little endings on the bristles isnt it?

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 07:42:04 pm »
It's amazing the extra effort needed to push a flocked brush over the window, not loads more but enough to notice, almost like a sticky brush.  Now that effort must be going somewhere, hopefully cleaning the glass.  I will personally stick to the mono though as for regular cleans I don't feel you need that much cleaning power. And lifting to rinse is a big sacrifice.

Simon.

dmlservices

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 09:23:43 pm »
I love the mono as the water just falls out of the brush.  Absolutely perfect for regular cleans.  If your using the flocked which I haven't got but have used other flocked ones before you are more likely to have to rinse glass off.  The flocked is probably more suited to first and irregular cleaned where as the mono for regular cleans.

Simon.

spot on  ;),
funny isn't it , a while ago many were singing the praises of monofilament brushes,
saying flocked were crap , seems to me every body is searching for the perfect all round brush, there simply isn't one , you need a few brushes  in your armoury , each better suited to different situations.

daz

NWH

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 09:26:05 pm »
The flocked is the first clean version of the mono 1,after i`ve cleaned em up with it i normally put it on the downstairs pole.It`s also very good for leads and gergions as it glides over them better with no bumping.

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 09:27:30 pm »
The flocked is the first clean version of the mono 1,after i`ve cleaned em up with it i normally put it on the downstairs pole.It`s also very good for leads and gergions as it glides over them better with no bumping.

Do you use 2 separate brushes, 1 for upstairs and 1 for down?

NWH

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 09:29:55 pm »
I never interchange brushes or hardly ever anyway i just grab the pole with the right brush on it for the job.

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 09:31:56 pm »
Sorry mate, what I meant was do you use 2 different poles and brushes, 1 for upstairs and 1 for downstairs. Or when you pull up at a property, depending on what type the windows are and how regularly its been done, you pull out 1 pole and do the whole place with that one?

NWH

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 09:36:05 pm »
I`ll normally go round the back of a property with 1 pole for ups and downs then i`ll sometimes clean the front downs with a shorter pole,if it`s a first clean or over 2 months i`ll sometimes use the pole with the flocked on but usually i`ll get away with the mono if there not to bad.I prefer the feel of the flocked on the glass on downstairs window`s,it allows me to do a more thorough job on the frames on the bottoms as the brush stays wetter.