Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

FSB
« on: December 06, 2008, 12:43:25 am »
Hi, im a sole trader and just wondering if anyone is a member of the federation of small businesses? Would anyone advise to join?? Pros and cons if any. Thanks for advice in advance ;

choice.clean

Re: FSB
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 04:36:55 am »
i would i was warned by a customer that i could be due for inland revenue inspection. and explained that if i joined fsb covered for all accounting costs for inspections. joined up and following week letter drops thru door inspection in 2 weeks time. stuck there sticker up and i know this sounds incredible but tax inspector was really nervous once he spotted that i was a member (i think its because they know you can phone up for advise on inspectors decisions free of charge with fsb) the fact i had there support was real peace of mind. have asked them several questions since re tax rules the fsb knew more than my accountant, and got thru to there top adviser very easily and he really knew his stuff. you may join and not use for months but when you do it could be just the help you needed and the peace of mind is well worth it

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 06:57:53 am »
i would i was warned by a customer that i could be due for inland revenue inspection. and explained that if i joined fsb covered for all accounting costs for inspections. joined up and following week letter drops thru door inspection in 2 weeks time. stuck there sticker up and i know this sounds incredible but tax inspector was really nervous once he spotted that i was a member (i think its because they know you can phone up for advise on inspectors decisions free of charge with fsb) the fact i had there support was real peace of mind. have asked them several questions since re tax rules the fsb knew more than my accountant, and got thru to there top adviser very easily and he really knew his stuff. you may join and not use for months but when you do it could be just the help you needed and the peace of mind is well worth it

I'm a member too.  It's worth the money for that alone.
So how did a customer have an idea that you might be due an inspection.  Does the customer work for the IR?

Chris B

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 07:48:30 am »
Yep, i am a member, and for the relatively small outlay (which go's on how many you employ) its well worth it.

jaykie

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 09:01:39 am »

Couldnt agree more, I have a mate who works in the IR and its known that you are less likely to investigate someone who is a member of the fsb, Im a member and another benefit is there free banking with co-op too.

poleman

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 12:08:29 pm »
I am a member as well  8) and there is lot of benefits...free personal and business finance review and free banking for life!

Andy

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 09:51:52 pm »
Thanks guys

tacky

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 10:12:39 pm »
hi guys .what ar the contact details .  thanks

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 11:53:46 am »
hi guys .what ar the contact details .  thanks

http://www.fsb.org.uk/default.aspx?loc=general&id=0

just got my appointment with a local rep..

tacky

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 10:10:53 pm »
thanks chris