Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JS2

PAT Testing
« on: November 28, 2008, 09:50:47 pm »
Hi Folks

As an ex spark (electrician) I'm wondering how much current insistence there is in PAT testing (portable appliance testing) and seeing if this is an area I should refocus a business effort on ?  Yes, I'm fully aware of the Health and Safety demands of having 'safe' equipment, but one's personal choice as to whether to actually get equipment PAT tested, or not, has always been something of a subjective choice.

Your comments please.

Regards

Pete (JS2)

John Kelly

Re: PAT Testing
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 10:03:38 am »
Pat testing is a huge business. We have a company beside us and thats all they do. 2 vans flat out. Even though it is not strictly a legal requirement all businesses need to do it. Especially any with employees or like carpet cleaners who go into peoples houses. If anyone did get electrocuted, and its more common than people might realise, and you hadn't had equipment pat tested then it would be looked on a negligence and would almost certainly void your insurance.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 07:22:41 am »
If you're looking to do PAT testing then the big market is in holiday cottages, b &b's, hotels etc, they all have to have their equipment pat tested yearly in order to keep their star rating or grading.

JS2

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 01:33:14 pm »
Thanks for some good comments

Regards

Pete (JS2)