Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve a

MFI due today
« on: November 28, 2008, 06:26:51 am »
Been having problems getting paid just lately, told them I wanted paying on the day, before work commenced, they agreed, been ok for a while, don't owe me anything.
Due again today will call in first, but somehow I don't think they will want to pay up front!.
Done the job for more than 20 years.

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

Re: MFI due today
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 07:05:16 am »
yep, a guy up here i know does woolworths and Big W, needless to say i reckon he will be asking to see the cash 1st......and there is indications that comet and curry's are on the way to the wall too......this is what i predicted last year.....we think we are immune to the credit crunch, but as more and more of the major players go to the wall we dont have as many windows to clean, except houses, but hold on the people in these house used to work for woolies, mfi blah blah...... ???

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 07:09:53 am »
Don't give up on them completely - yet. When a company goes into administration they still keep trading. The only difference is they are run by the administrator and not the management. The idea of administration is to keep them going, at least in the short term.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 07:56:47 am »
Often administrators will pay more quickly than the previous troubled management.

Mr H

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 07:59:21 am »
You might be able to wangle a new kitchen for the Mrs in exchange for doing the windows......  :D

Regards
Mr H

matt

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 10:49:29 am »
i used to do our local MFI's, they were a right pain to get paid, job took 20 mins, to get th emoney sometimes took 30 mins, sometimes i would have to go back the next day

i came to the conclusion it wasnt worth my effort / time

peter holley

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 11:05:09 am »
i used to do our local MFI's, they were a right pain to get paid, job took 20 mins, to get th emoney sometimes took 30 mins, sometimes i would have to go back the next day

i came to the conclusion it wasnt worth my effort / time

iv had the same problem, but not with mfi...its always commercial work thats a pain >:(

weetot

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 12:49:36 pm »
I agree with P Holley, Ive done commercial work since 1983, it seemed to be easier getting paid then,
but now if their not cutting you back through area managers, its calling back constantly or trying to get money out them!. ....Laters
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

drakestar!

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 07:15:24 pm »
did you get payed? my uncle lost his longterm warehouse job today with mfi...poor bloke

ronnie paton

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 07:39:25 pm »
we have been through times like this b4(not me has im to young) iv spoke to some and they said it didnt affect them a little but not enough to worry them some even said there business florished in these times.

iv been going from strengh to strengh in the last year so only time will tell i guess.

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 08:55:30 pm »
local one to me has a big sign on it saying closing down...

lucky i dont clean it :P

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 08:16:51 am »
I tried to clean an MFI once but when I went to do the doors the handles fell off (joke).

Really, with their reputation I am suprised they have lasted this long.

steve a

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 08:27:06 am »
Turned up and was greeted by a sign that said 'opening at 1 o-clock'.
anyway, knocked and they let me in, asked about the windows, answer was 'we will be staying open but we are not authorised to make any payments, so if you do them you may not get paid. and yes we are closing down'.
Fair enough.
Steve a

weetot

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 03:46:30 pm »
Why dont the government buy MFI & Woolworths out.  They did it with the Northern Rock when they went tits up, and nationalised the bloody thing. I hope they privatise my round if i go bust.
Although prob not a good idea, that means the public will own my round ,plc and all that.  Am I becoming a grumpy git or what.......   laters

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 03:52:08 pm »
why would they buy them out?

The only reason the bought the rock, was otherwise people with mortgages with them would be shoved on the street with no where to live so their homes could be sold to pay the money back they (the rock)  owed.

Londoner

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 07:49:16 am »
Natural selection, survival of the fittest etc. Bad companies going to the wall make perfect sense in a recession. I would like to think the same applies to bad window cleaners but I think actually its the reverse.

s.hughes

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 12:39:38 pm »
Margret Thatcher used to buy furniture from MFI & thats why her cabinet kept falling apart

Steve

weetot

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 03:09:29 pm »
I used a MFI cabinet to stand on when I forgot me stepladders, ..did i mention i broke me leg.....Laters

s.hughes

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 07:40:53 pm »
MFI used to be cheap any1 could buy from them, Then they went stupid on pricing. Its their own fault.

Steve