Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

Stain protection
« on: November 24, 2008, 08:34:57 pm »
Don't do much of it but when I do I use Prochem's Fluoroseal plus.
Most people when they mention it say can you Scotchguard it.
Which is best or is there an even better one out there?
Does either of them need re - applying after HWE? Think Scotchguard does.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

markpowell

Re: Stain protection
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 09:14:51 pm »
I use Scotchguard all the time now, works out alot cheaper than Fluroseal, and works just as well if applied correctly.
I would always recommend it be re-applied after an HWE clean regardless of what protector has been used in the past.
Mark

JandS

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 12:01:34 am »
Cheers for that Mark

John

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 01:15:55 pm »
I used Flouroseal for years and loved it. Easy to calculate and apply and very durable.

I don't necessarily agree with protecting after each (correct)clean.

Real world experience.  Applied Flouroseal to a new, plain green axminster. Woolsafe cleaned 3 times @ 2 year intervals with no protector top-up. Christmas party, major drinks spillages. Carpet looked like the field the day after the Battle of Bosworth :o  Prepared for major stain removal job, Everything came out with normal clean!

A protector bought on quality rather than price has benefits for the customer, and qudos for the applicator, beyond the initial sale.

I would reasonably expect a similar performance from Scotchgard.  I now use Enviroshield, again with similar results and performance,plus it's also Woolsafe Approval.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

JandS

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 05:56:18 pm »
And for upholstery??
Aquaseal or SG??

jOHN

mark shannon

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 07:07:30 pm »
Apparently the same SG product can be used on Cpts and Upholstery which makes life easier.

Les

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 07:42:51 pm »
I normally use Fluoroseal.

Two weeks ago I had calls for two seperate Red Wine stains....apparently both the men had been drinking Red wine to help them 'De-stress'  :o ( a sign of the times no doubt) and then managed to knock the glass over .
The first stain was on a carpet with no stain protection and was a few days old. Try as I might the stain could not be completely removed and the customer is considering an insurance claim.

I went to the second stain last thursday. It was on a Pure Wool carpet that I had treated earlier this year post fitting.

The customer purchased pure wool carpets for the whole house 'untreated' on the advice of the interior designer  :o, she soon changed her mind after her two teenage boys had made a few marks on it.

To be honest I had wondered how good the protection would be, but I had followed the instructions to the letter so was hoping for the best  ::).

Well I wasn't dissapointed as the stain was removed successfully, followed by a top up with fluoroseal, just in case.

It's certainly made me more confident in offering the product in the future  :D.

Les

murky

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 08:41:46 pm »
I was asked a while ago to clean 2 sofas that were covered in a pink viscosse material, Mum is a well known popstar and her baby had thrown food allover it, the  maid had been at it with water and a sponge and also a household product. There were water marks, browning, and food stains all over it. Obviously it was ruined, tried my best with solvent cleaner but not much improvement.

I explained about Viscosse and problems with water. She has claimed on her Insurance. The suite will be covered in the same type of material again.(Cant believe it can you).

Now she wants me to treat the recovered suite with a protector, I will use a solvent protector but custy wants to know what to use as a spot/stain remover if the same thing happens again.

Any ideas for a spotter that works on viscosse, that wont damage it and that I can safely leave in the home. I suggested a throw, but that didn't go down very well.

Looking forward to your (sensible) ideas.

Murky