Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mattcochram

Blocked jet on my S bend wand!
« on: November 23, 2008, 10:32:44 am »
Hi all im fairly new to all this and the other day i brought a new machine with it i got a twin jet S bend wand one of which is blocked!! i assume its limescale due to the hard water we have in this area but after trying various descalling methods still not working!! any ideas on how to repair this or cost of replacing the jet?

Cheers for your time

Matt

Re: Blocked jet on my S bend wand!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 10:55:08 am »
Most wands have a filter behind the jets and that is probably the cause, if not grit caught in the opening  ::)

sherco

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 10:58:38 am »
Im fairly new to cc when i bought my machine i was only doing about one job a month and my jets kept blocking, what was happening was as it wasnt being used. Inside the jet is a ball bearing on a spring and it was rusting up so i had to remove it and clean takes about 5 mins that could be your problem. Sorted me out.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 11:02:29 am »
strip out the whole jet manifold and put them in some Fernox descaler ( or any descaler you can buy from B&Q) let them soak then refit. if you already tried this hold the jet up to the light and see if you can see if its blocked, might need a fine needle to poke through.

be careful you don't damage the orifice by forcing the needle into the brass jet.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

mattcochram

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 12:13:55 pm »
Hi thanks for all your advice all sorted now and up and running!! thanks again

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 12:41:33 pm »
..........and the problem was ???????

clinton

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 12:48:09 pm »
 ???

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 12:49:20 pm »
Jet aside, you can also occasionally have a blockage in the small bore tubes supplying the jet on some designs of wand.. To rectify, remove one jet assembly only, connect the wand to your machine and purge through the open pipe. Clean jet and refit then repeat for the other jet.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

colin thomas

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 01:17:27 pm »
if you need to clean out the jets use a nail brush or your upholstery brush, if you use a pin or similar you might scratch the jet and these tiny scratches will hold dirt and grit and make the jet block more often,

colin
colin thomas

mattcochram

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 03:27:26 pm »
Hi all yes the problem was a bit of grit lodged in it but once taken apart was able to remove!! so all very straight forward in the end!! thanks for your help!!

Matt

Paul Simpson

Re: Blocked jet on my S bend wand! New
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 05:58:41 pm »
After reading this post and finding my wand stuttering a bit I decided to check/clean the jets/filter. My first time  ;D.
Didn't realise I should be cleaning these.  ??? 
Before & after pic attached.
So much better how smoothly it ran today.