Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Truckmount on Ebay
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 09:37:18 pm »
Nevil

Do you find it reliable? heard mixed reviews of the 4.o but at that sort of money got to be a goer.

Joe H

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 09:44:10 pm »
Go on Kev 'grab yurself a bargin'  ;D

LOL. I was going to invest in one a couple of months ago, but with all this credit crunch/recession/scare the living crap out of evryone talk, I've decided to wait a bit longer and see what happens :-\

Go for it Kev - invest for the future....... and Im serious
and thats from somone who has a seriously good portable.

nevil

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 09:49:52 pm »
Nevil

Do you find it reliable? heard mixed reviews of the 4.o but at that sort of money got to be a goer.

Mike

In between trashing my custy's property, when I am actualy doing some work 8) I find the 4.0 to be a  fantastic machine. Some of the control systems are primative when comparing it to a more modern machine but this does not effect the performance. It has the 45 blower so can't be compared to the 3.2.

I did slap a Kohler engine in mine which I happen to rate higher than B&S. But I am lead to believe that the briggs will go on for years if the servicing is done.

I saw that somebody else posted that they had heard bad things about the 4.0, somebody whoes opinion I value highly. But my experience of it has been very positive and I would recomend it to anyone. I also am not the quickest to sing the praises of suppliers, but HM are absolutly first class to deal with. And they are near me.

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 09:54:11 pm »
 ;D

nevil

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 09:55:58 pm »

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2008, 10:00:39 pm »
I'm thinking of taking up surfing so a 4.0 might be just the job for the travel expenses  8)

nevil

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2008, 10:07:14 pm »
I'm thinking of taking up surfing so a 4.0 might be just the job for the travel expenses  8)

I was watching the surfers in newquay last week while working in a hotel along the shore. Those guys are mental. Well acually I used to dable in surfing myself,so maybe I was/am slightly mental. When I lost my hair I couldn't conform to the strict cool stereotype that goes with that whole scene. 8)

richie

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 07:54:38 am »
Regarding the life span of a B&S air cooled engine.........i have ran them with over 8000 hours & know of some that have done between 10,000 - 16,000 and still going strong.  I would have NO worries of any B&S engine that has done as little as 2500 -3500.  To many people under rate what the air cooled engines can do.  Of course all engines have bad ones & good ones.  The B&S engine is by FAR the most common engine used in smaller truckmounts.  Therefore we hear more about them going wrong than we do other engines in particular water cooled.  I only know of a 3 truckmounts that have Honda air cooled engines in them yet and 2 of them had to have engines replaced at abround 2500 - 3000.

You will get that truckmount on the van without the use of a forklift truck.  We have done it many times with 2 & 3 men.

Richie.

murky

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 08:16:50 am »
Not exactly 'selling' it are they.

Any body know what happened to that big setup that was going for about 17k up near you Jo? The owner was going back onto ambulance or para maedic or similar, now that was a BIG settup.

Murky

David_Annable

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 08:21:00 am »
Hi

The Spitfire 4.0 on ebay hasn't got a waste tank, so the new owner will have to get one fabricated or buy one off hydramaster & i cant see that its a stock item.

Dave

NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

Glynn

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2008, 08:24:30 am »
That big unit near Joe sold for 14.5K !.
Regards
Glynn

murky

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2008, 08:51:03 am »
Not quite what he wanted but if you are looking to set up a business locally the phone will ring tomorrow I suppose.

Murky

Mr Dvae

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 12:59:08 pm »
you can lift the blazer on your own if you know how to without any liftin gear!!!

regards

Dave

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 05:49:17 pm »
Hi Guys

I am the person who bought the Chemspec Avenger 210. I paid 3750 quid which included the mecedes sprinter van. The machine has only been used 340 hours and works fine. I contacted Chemspec and they sent me a full operators manual F.O.C. Had it serviced and afew valves changed 300 quid...and it now works perfectly. As for the van ...well a full days cleaning and looks as good as new. I think i got a bargain.

derek west

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2008, 06:04:17 pm »
post some piccies for us monty, before and after.
good luck
derek

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2008, 06:16:58 pm »
Monty

I was holding my breath when I read your post ;D

I'm so glad it's turned out a bargin with a bit of fettling.

So all in all for just over 4k u got a TM and a van, not bad, it did look a shed though. ;D

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 11:30:16 pm »
spent a full day on empying the van and cleaning inside. I never new that you could grow tea bags. Threw away almost all the chemicals that was in the van as all looked dodgy.
Could beleave the state of the van inside. I have never seen a towel just disintigrate in your hands before either.
All in all well worth the effort. Drives perfectly...not a muermer on the engine. Perhaps the body could do thith a respray before I get it sign written.
As for the truck mount.... works perfect... came complete with upholstery cleaning tool. stair cleaning tool and of course twin jet carpet cleaning wand and 100 mtr suction hose and pressure hose, all needed a clean and jets unblocking but all work fine .

Earned its money back already... well happy with it.

clinton

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2008, 12:54:42 pm »
Sounds like you got yourself a decent buy there :)

Any picies please ???

Cheers clinton