Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davep

Vanish again
« on: November 07, 2008, 12:02:31 pm »
As we all know stains that have been tackled by a custy can then be set, I find this a lot with red wine and Vanish.  I can normally remove wine if this has not been used.  I emailed them to find out why and got this reply.  Basicaly they deny knowledge of there product 'setting' the stain?

Thank you for your recent email regarding Vanish.

I was sorry to learn of your experience with Vanish.

Vanish has been designed to remove normal household stains.  However, stain removal performance is influenced by many factors including stain type, age, intensity, fabric type, and previous treatments (i.e. use of other stain removal treatments).

Vanish is effective on a very wide range of stains but occasionally, repeat treatments may be necessary.  Vanish Oxi Action has proven to be very successful in removing oxidizable stains, e.g. fruit juices, red wine, tea, coffee, water based ink, coke, grass and mud.  These are accepted as some of the toughest household stains to remove. 

Some stains such as permanent inks, some paints, rust may be impossible to remove.

We have had no reported cases of Vanish 'setting' stains into carpets. It may simply be that a repeat application was necessary and not performed.

Thank you for contacting us on this occasion.

Kind Regards
Vanish

Any ideas on a response to this?

Aquakleen Restoration Services

Re: Vanish again
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 02:48:23 pm »
I bet thats a form letter they have to send out hundreds of times a day!

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 03:41:16 pm »
Being honest davep, would you expect any manufacturer or supplier to reply differently?

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

davep

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 03:53:18 pm »
I wanted a reason why this happens, so when I tell the custy the chances of removing the stain has been redused by using Vanish I can tell them why so  :o

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 04:17:52 pm »
I see where you're coming from Dave.

Basically, Jo and Josephine Public use too much product, often on inappropriate stains,  in the wrong way and fail to finish off with some plain water/towel absorbtion to remove the residues.

They should learn to read and, hopefully, read the instructions BEFORE they use this type of product.

IMO, the manufacturers could also give more detailed usage instructions, but I do realise that this would be an even greater barrier for the consumer to read them properly.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!