Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chem dry special
« on: November 01, 2008, 03:28:54 pm »
Chem-Dry is Healthier

Steam cleaning can dump buckets of water on your fabric and upholstery. But this soggy approach to upholstery cleaning may have some serious drawbacks and can also leave behind chemicals and soapy, dirt-attracting residue. That is why Chem-Dry’s low moisture upholstery cleaning process is healthier.

my machine has a man that comes out of it and literary dumps chemicals and soggy water all over your suite!!

Gerry Styles

Re: Chem dry special
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 03:33:26 pm »
??????
Premier Klean Limited

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 03:36:36 pm »
Chem Dry use carbonated water, but they state clearly on thier website that HWE or steam cleaning is pretty much the same as throwing buckets of water and chemicals on the item to be cleaned

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 03:38:19 pm »
thier low moisture system takes 4-6 hours to dry, i use HWE and a hydra master tool, and its normally dry in under an hour!!

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 03:45:33 pm »
i now have a good regular customer who runs her own cleaning company. She uses us now but before us she used chem dry. she changed to us because when they cleaned her suite it was still wet 2 weeks later. When i did it it was virtually dry by the time i left! There was mildew damage to the suite in places, and when she complained there was no sort of apology offered and from what she said there was very little in way of a response at all. So if we are dumping buckets of water on to their upholstery they must be dumping truck loads.

ps they use the same statement in their marketing down here

cheers Goron

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 03:48:28 pm »
i think they need to update there statements really ;D

carlton care

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 08:03:44 am »
The problem is an operator problem..................it should NOT take any L/M system 4-5 hours to dry. As far as the suite's concerned, sounds like the operator had a vacuum hose leak / tank not secured properly, or similar.
The machines they use, are good machines and well proven, so the operator, as is often the case, is at fault !!!

I never criticise C/D just assure prospects that I will achieve as good as, or better results than them.

robert m

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 08:20:17 am »
it says on their website, upholstery dry in 4-6 hours, evrey time

ianharper

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 06:44:11 pm »
Goron

hope your well?

This subject has been a long fav of mine. you get these franchise and BTW FT guys as well,  that really know what they are doing then then go and take on a second person and that's where it all starts to go wrong. within no time at all the experienced guy sends out the new one on his own expecting them to handle everything that he faces.

What they forget its a job to them. plus also they own a franchise and people that use them expect that they are professionals. in this situation the new guy is a bad as a splash and dash. now we get lots on new carpet cleaners on here all the time and i will bet they would do a better job than some employees of franchises.

its a big jump from being a self-employed carpet cleaner be it independent or franchise to then taking the step to a carpet cleaner business owner. its the difference from working in your business to working on it.

I put money on it that this guy gets the sack and then starts up on his own as he has now seen how much a franchise can charge and thinks he can get this on his own.

With respect to all NCCA franchise members. with the new rule franchise owners and staff must be members. that means training. at leat if your customer checks their membership first and she has a problem then she has somwhere to go after.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 06:53:49 pm »
Ian

I bet NCCA have never inforced the one to one membership like they say they do, Swift near me are still letting untrained guys out to clean carpets under the gise of being NCCA members.

Ken, do you know of any times the NCCA forced a company to get all their staff trained.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 06:54:59 pm »
It used to be like that with the NCCA but I guess they found it hard to police or were putting members off because of the cost of training. When I worked at an other cc we used to have an inhouse course.

Shaun

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 08:40:07 pm »
Neil

When I was a member of The Board of Directors, the issue was taken very seriously. What I regard as being a fair training and education requirement for all technicians was instigated, along with encouragement for on-going training. There have been cases where NCCA  Members fell short of  the standard required,  had to change to meet the requirements or have their membership rejected.

I have no reason to suspect that the policy and procedures have changed since my retirement.

If anyone suspects NCCA Member companies are misleading their customers or the Association, please pass on your concerns to the NCCA office where you will be taken seriously.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

ianharper

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 05:43:47 am »
Hi

I think even if you are not a member of the NCCA and you see this type of thing going on then you will be doing your customer a disservice. if you  don't inform them about the standards of the NCCA and that they can report the member or, you will be doing yourself a disservice as being a professional carpet cleaner (ncca member or not)

Respect

Ian Harper