Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

garry22

This sort of thing really annoys me. Take a look at these.

Here are a couple of before and after photo's from a job we have completed this week.

It's on low profile office carpet. We did with low moisture (Dry Fusion).

The "before" was actually slightly dirtier than the photo suggests. The slightly darker patch on the after is where the newly finished area was still drying out.

BUT... That does not tell the whole story.

You see, the "before" is actually an "after" photograph.

The carpet had been "cleaned" less than a week before by a bunch of cowboys, recommended by the company that did the re-decorating. That is how they left it. They told the client "that is as good as you'll get". She called us in to try to salvage it (or she was in big trouble).

From what I could gather these clowns had wet cleaned it with a small portable (no pre-vac or dryers afterwards etc. I'm sure you get the message). It took a lot of work which I hope the pictures show.

Now, I'm not knocking HWE (we use it ourselves, although never on low profile). I'm just showing you what can happen if idiots do not have the right training or simply don't care about what they are doing or the people who are paying them.

That attitude affects us all because we all get "tarred with the same brush".

Anyone had anything similar happen?

Garry

spencer davies

Re: Low profile commercial - These cowboys give us all a bad name
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 04:24:34 pm »
We had the same last month, two blokes cleaned 5000 sq ft of carpet in two hours using something similar to a rug doctor (we watched the cctv playback) No pre vac or agitation or pre- treatment, just detergent in the machine.

They didn't move anything either, no address on the invoice, no van either, they arrived in an estate car.

The carpet looked a state when we arrived, three weeks after being cleaned!

Regards

S

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 04:26:03 pm »
even with hwe i could get ten times better results than that first pic

garry22

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 02:06:35 pm »
Just a quick update.

I spoke to someone who was working in the (unoccupied) building when this joker was performing.

They could not be sure but they thought the machine was called a "Charlie" and made a very loud whining noise!

Garry

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 03:15:57 pm »
Was probably a Numatic George.

mitch2810

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 04:06:51 pm »
Dnt get annoyed by these cowboys, they make the professional cleaners look that much better. If everybody was perfect then it would make it a lot more difficult to get the work. I am glad there are people like this out there because it makes the standard of my work look even better.

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 04:10:56 pm »
Maybe to a certain extent, but then it will certainly make people have second thoughts about having a carpet cleaned in the future, there should really be a minimum industry standard put in place!

mitch2810

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 06:13:38 pm »
I totally agree there should be a minimum standard in place and if there was then we would not have to be concerned with these idiots, but I do not agree with the fact that people will not have their carpets cleaned, they will just be more careful in their selection of their future cleaners.

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 08:37:22 am »
quite posibly, but its certainly not good for business in general