Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole 2 Pole

Diesel set to rise AGAIN
« on: October 24, 2008, 08:50:46 am »
Looks like now's a good time to fill them vans up as i just heard they're gonna start reducing the amount of oil they're gonna pump out to increase the prices. Unless i'm missing something here,weren't the Saudis genuinely concerned a few months back about the spiralling cost of oil and we're "considering" moves to reduce the cost of the stuff??? Now they aint making enough??? Can someone explain???   ::)  ;)

lovewindows

Re: Diesel set to rise AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 10:17:56 am »
dont know about that but just paid £1.06 ppl at Sainsburys this morning.
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 10:59:01 am »
This is true, Gordon Brown is VERY angry with Opec for this:

ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i5TtajgUpSm7KY5jf-lCJGHBB-tAD940DNUO0

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 04:00:25 pm »
I bet he is...............They got in there before HE did.  >:(

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 04:05:46 pm »
Actually, just heard on Radio 2 (so it must  be true ;D) that despite opec restricting the flow of oil to match falling demand (and raise prices of course) that oil prices are still falling anyway.

Yay! Diesel below £1 a litre would be nice...
It's a game of three halves!

Dean Aspects

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 04:09:40 pm »
Was just thinking the same myself could it be possible that diesel could fall to £1 per litre cant believe i think that would be good as it it way over taxed as it is
Its just dropped again here to 108 per litre

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 04:12:45 pm »
Well, in America some people have resorted to having mass prayers at the "gas" stations to bring down fuel prices  ;D

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 04:17:25 pm »
AAAAAAAAAMEN  ;D best thing that could have happened to white van man is the supermarket price war, cos without that, they'd STILL be chargin £1 30. I think jeff1 should invent a leisure battery that can run a vauxhall combo.........Any thoughts Jeff? :)

Bonkors

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 04:27:58 pm »
Looks like now's a good time to fill them vans up as i just heard they're gonna start reducing the amount of oil they're gonna pump out to increase the prices. Unless i'm missing something here,weren't the Saudis genuinely concerned a few months back about the spiralling cost of oil and we're "considering" moves to reduce the cost of the stuff??? Now they aint making enough??? Can someone explain???   ::)  ;)

apparently what opec are saying is that they dont need to produce as much output as they are not selling as much oil, which i suppose is fair enough. Its like any other business if you arent selling as much maybe you wanna cut down on production.

From our point of view, the cost of a barrel of oil has still fallen despite their announcement. I read on the bbc website that ASDA are gonna freeze the price of fuel for 10 days, WHICHEVER way the price fluctuates.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 04:40:00 pm »
Huh! If ASDA are freezing prices whatever happens you can guess which way they think it's gonna go! Fortunately we've got ASDA and Morrisons within 400m of each other!
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 07:01:52 pm »

Sod's law isn't it.  I filled up at 114.9p just before it slid some more.  A tankful lasts me about 2 weeks usually.  It's now 107.9 around the corner and I've still got a week till I need a fill up.

geefree

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 07:15:04 pm »
Its ok Mr Brown being angry with opec..... but if he reduced the tax on the fuel , that would bring it down big time, dont we pay the most tax in the whole world ?

>:(

Bonkors

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 11:07:52 pm »
Its ok Mr Brown being angry with opec..... but if he reduced the tax on the fuel , that would bring it down big time, dont we pay the most tax in the whole world ?

>:(

Ditto

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 11:58:44 pm »
Petrol's come down because of pressure from the prime minister for the feel good factor along with more tv news trying to cheer people up but OPEC will be raising their prices again in time for consumers out shopping for xmas.

dmlservices

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 02:19:10 pm »
at the moment diesel was 109.00 by me so went to fill up incase it goes up, seems every one else is doing the same judging by the queuse,(spelling?  ;D) at the forecourts, this will increase demand which the robbing b......s will take advantage of by reducing supplies, forcing price back up  >:(

daz

jaykie

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 04:47:40 pm »
Just been to petol station and its dropped again
Unleaded 95.9
Diesal £1.04