Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Pressure washer question
« on: October 24, 2008, 08:29:02 pm »
Could it be possible to run one from a reel of microbore with the shurflow pump on max? Not for big cleaning jobs but for a sixty second blast down a gutter down pipe?

geefree

Re: Pressure washer question
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 08:34:59 pm »
no, i have a very powerful tap,.... i went thru my microbore, from house tap outside... to pressure washer across the cul-de-sac, to do ny neighbours drive....

the pressure was useless at 100 metres from scource... and its honda 11bhp.... i ended up filling the neighbours wheelie bin and sucking it out... brilliant power!

so i dont think the 100 psi will do anything.

by the way the neighbour was away, and no outside tap.

matt

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 08:37:04 pm »
the pump wouldnt produce enough power for what you have in mind

and if you connected a pressure washer, the hose wouldnt be upto it anyways

paulscotney

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 08:41:32 pm »
I used to have a contract for doing a 3 monthly clean of  the signs, frames etc of 10 Abbey National branches, mayybe 10 years ago. I bought a petrol p washer and had a couple of big barrels of tap water in my van. I had to suck the water pipe at first to start the siphon  but then the p washer fed off the tank in my van.
What I am trying to say is why can't you just stick the water pipe straight into the top of the water tank in your van and then you don't even need to turn the wfp pump on.
I was a Tiger 1500 from Machine Mart. Not sold anymore

geefree

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 08:47:15 pm »
I used to have a contract for doing a 3 monthly clean of  the signs, frames etc of 10 Abbey National branches, mayybe 10 years ago. I bought a petrol p washer and had a couple of big barrels of tap water in my van. I had to suck the water pipe at first to start the siphon  but then the p washer fed off the tank in my van.
What I am trying to say is why can't you just stick the water pipe straight into the top of the water tank in your van and then you don't even need to turn the wfp pump on.
I was a Tiger 1500 from Machine Mart. Not sold anymore

good idea , never thought of that lol

ftp

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 08:50:23 pm »
No thought not. You can see what i'm thinking i have 650ltr of water in the van and 100m of microbore which would mean i could supply water to a pressure washer, well a hundred metres away if it worked. I didn't know if high flow or high pressure are linked. Can you get a high pressure blast but without gulping 11ltres a minute?

pjulk

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 08:54:09 pm »
I have used my pressure washer on my van system a few time's with half inch hose.
And through my flojet pump the reason i did it through the pump so it did not drink to much water.
It worked out fine being limited to about 7ltrs a minute but the flow was not as good as straight off the mains but worked ok.
My pressure washer is only 1800psi so a more powerful pressure washer might not do so well on a smaller amount of water than normal.

Kevin R

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 09:44:52 pm »
Just connect the pressure washer to the tank directly either with a siphon tube (usually supplied with pressure washer if it has one) or a standard hose to an outlet on the tank. The pressure washer has to be situated near the tank for this to work.The pressure washer cannot suck water through the hose at all, it relies on a siphon action.  So a really short hose from the tank to the pressure washer is important. You can add about 40m of high pressure hose to the pressure washer for the purposes of getting close to the building. However my 40m hose and its trolley / reel cost almost £500. If you have no mains near another option is a wheelie bin filled from the mains then mover and used to supply the pressure washer but this is time consuming.

Hope that helps  ;)

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 09:52:06 pm »
the only way to do it is,

pressure washers draw water from a source whether it be wheelie bin, tank, reservoir or not ideally a tap, the pressure comes from the machine the other way round, you can easily have 100ft of high pressure hose and not lose any power, the more you go above that the pressure drops but is still usable

paulscotney

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 09:57:13 pm »
Just connect the pressure washer to the tank directly either with a siphon tube (usually supplied with pressure washer if it has one) or a standard hose to an outlet on the tank. The pressure washer has to be situated near the tank for this to work.The pressure washer cannot suck water through the hose at all, it relies on a siphon action.  So a really short hose from the tank to the pressure washer is important. You can add about 40m of high pressure hose to the pressure washer for the purposes of getting close to the building. However my 40m hose and its trolley / reel cost almost £500. If you have no mains near another option is a wheelie bin filled from the mains then mover and used to supply the pressure washer but this is time consuming.

Hope that helps  ;)
The p washer will suck once you suck it yourself,to start the suck.  I did it every three months for about 2 years on 10 different properties. on each occasion. Never had a problem,

Kevin R

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 10:01:23 pm »
Just connect the pressure washer to the tank directly either with a siphon tube (usually supplied with pressure washer if it has one) or a standard hose to an outlet on the tank. The pressure washer has to be situated near the tank for this to work.The pressure washer cannot suck water through the hose at all, it relies on a siphon action.  So a really short hose from the tank to the pressure washer is important. You can add about 40m of high pressure hose to the pressure washer for the purposes of getting close to the building. However my 40m hose and its trolley / reel cost almost £500. If you have no mains near another option is a wheelie bin filled from the mains then mover and used to supply the pressure washer but this is time consuming.

Hope that helps  ;)
The p washer will suck once you suck it yourself,to start the suck.  I did it every three months for about 2 years on 10 different properties. on each occasion. Never had a problem,

If you connect one end of the hose to the van - then put the (pressure washer) other end  below the tank outlet on the van gravity will do the work for you - no need to suck  :P

paulscotney

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 10:08:00 pm »
Not mine it is at least 10 yr old. It will not suck on its own. Maybe you have a posh one Kev. Mine was about £250 with a Biggs and Sratton Motor, thats shows the lack of quality. You maybe have a Honda

Kevin R

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 10:09:05 pm »
Not mine it is at least 10 yr old. It will not suck on its own. Maybe you have a posh one Kev. Mine was about £250 with a Biggs and Sratton Motor, thats shows the lack of quality. You maybe have a Honda

Mines a posh Jap one  ;)

paulscotney

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 10:13:17 pm »
Yes I read all your posts, I even bought an omnivac after reading all your posts. You were right, except I got the 110vsystem,  only because the gennie was a Honda and the 240 came with an unheard of name.

geefree

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 10:34:09 pm »
they dont all draw from scource ,.... just because it has an inlet dont mean it will suck ... some do , some dont.

depends on which you have.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 12:35:19 am »
Like Kev says, if tank outlet is higher than pressure washer inlet, let gravity do the sucking.