Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dmlservices

has window cleaning got you
« on: October 07, 2008, 12:20:10 pm »
to where you want to be?
i have been wcing for over 20yrs , but up untill the last 5 years , [and discovering forums like this  ;D]
i treated it more like a job , i am nearly there work wise, but as the old saying goes ''i wish i knew then what i know now'' ;) i bought my house later than i would have liked , prefering to spend money else where[ hobbies , pub ect ] i would like to be further up the property ladder, bit at least i can put it right now. so are you where you want to be -house ,finacially, buissiness ect.

daz

The Seven Bays Window Cleaning Company

Re: has window cleaning got you
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 12:29:48 pm »
I think so...

I have only been doing this for only 3 years, before that I have always been employed.

Can I ever see myself doing anything different - I don't think so.

The potential earnings , flexibility with time, only answerable to yourself - far outweigh the negatives ( for me anyway)

I still have a long way to go - fine tune my round, consistency in pricing, get more efficient with the paperwork side of the buisness - but that's what makes it interesting.

I'm not sure there's an employed job out there that would keep my interests motivated, and pay me what I need.

THE SEVEN BAYS WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY

JSMC

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 01:09:15 pm »
ben doing it sinc ejune and gave up well paid job and good prospects for it. Very glad to have done it.
hopefully wil get a good income from it and have better amount of time for myself and have a healthier lifestyle

Dean Aspects

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 01:22:37 pm »
In the first few years of window cleaning i hated it but had no choice but to stick it out and i am glad i did as i could never earn the money i do or have the flexibility as to which days i work

I like working for myself and even the worst days window cleaning is better than being chained to a 9-5 job working with people you only tolerate because you work with them

A few years ago i couldnt see me spending the rest of my life as a window cleaner now i cant see me not being a window cleaner

Financially i am better off than i have ever been not rich but starting to be comfortable the mortgage paid off no debts and most importantly nearly stress free

wightsurf

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 01:31:32 pm »
I started window cleaning about four years ago, to get me out of a bad job that was going know where.I started part time building my round up when not at my employed job and bought a small round towards the end of my employment.
I now have a growing business that i have more that i want to do.I am chasing larger jobs all the time and get a fair few as well.And am now looking at getting into the high level gutter cleaning, which is new ground for me.
I bought my house 14yrs ago just before the market started to climb which i was very lucky with, i go on a abroad holiday once a year but twice this yr (going to eygpt 9 nov ;D) as it's my partners 40th.
I have another full time round inline to buy next yr which is 100% ok and am looking at the best options off what to do with this.I am wanting to get as large as pos as this is what drives me.
I am in no way at the moment a large company with vans ect but by this time next year i want to have someone working for me and a few more jobs that i have been looking at .
I think the most important way forward for me is investing in the right tools for the jobs in hand .As i could so easly put the money to other uses.

dmlservices

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 06:51:42 pm »
wight surf
i  built up my round weekends, and when not working as well , as soon as i could now longer do work on my days  of, -fri, sat, sun. i went into it full time, forums like this were not around then, but since i stumbled across this and other forums a while ago[ 5 yrs] and converting to wfp, it totally changed my out look on this buisiness. ;D

daz

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 07:33:50 pm »
People will always look to improve or to have more, i bet there is millionaires that are missing something in there lifes. But I am more than happy with were I am up to now with concerns to window cleaning. Its has showed me allot about myself and know now what kind of determination I have and the great things you can achieve with it.

Gerard  :)

spark1

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 10:55:29 pm »
Ive been window cleaning for 16 years ,still skint but got alot to show for it
moterbike ,4x4,subaru wrx ,new van and big house and work 4 sometimes 3 days a week and pay somebody else to do big commercial jobs,cant complain ;D.

matt

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 11:08:37 pm »
i must admit, im not far away from what i want and honestly, im happy with my lot

Londoner

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 07:07:18 am »
You have got to balance being self employed with things like sick pay, holiday pay etc that you would get if you had a paid job.
Frankly, the way things are at the moment and the number of people losing their jobs or worried about losing their jobs we are better off cleaning windows.

When you have a window cleaning round its like having hundreds of jobs. You may lose some but you are not going to lose them all.

spark1

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 02:28:50 pm »
You have got to balance being self employed with things like sick pay, holiday pay etc that you would get if you had a paid job.
Frankly, the way things are at the moment and the number of people losing their jobs or worried about losing their jobs we are better off cleaning windows.

When you have a window cleaning round its like having hundreds of jobs. You may lose some but you are not going to lose them all.

well said ;D