Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve CM

Re: vauxhall vans are crap
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2008, 12:30:28 pm »
i'm sure trannys that have done 100k plus will be more prone but if they are fairly new every person i know that owns one swears by them.
Same goes with a new Vivaro/Trafic then. ::)

sorry  squeeky but thats not the case, the very very expsenive problem of the high pressure fuel pump failing can occour in vivaro-movano vans with as little as 40000 miles on the clock,sometimes even less, and it can happen without any prior warning,one day ur van is going great and the next day  say goodbye to  £2000.

its sad and its wrong,but its true im afraid.

back to transits for me
Get a Transit then...enjoy the gearbox problems, oil leaks and starter motor failing.

have you owned a transit squeaky? i have owned 3, my dad has had 7 never a gearbox faliure, never an oil leak apart from an old 97 i had and never a starter motor failure. how can you possilby comment on the reliability of a renault trafic that would of done under 15000 miles by the time you get shot of it? and you say i'm talking rubbish! i think you need to re-evaluate me old mukka ;)

i have a vivaro and a transit. both run at 20,000 miles a year so i rekon i may be in a little better position to comment over your one that has done the same mileage as a granny going to tesco's once a week ::)

tomy jackson

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2008, 12:37:38 pm »
no its not got split carger two pumps on frunt bat your starter is 24 v but van elcey is 12 v the way van bats aqre wired up is back bat feds van with 12v the frunt bat is only used to start van so if you put pumps on frunt bat its ok iv had mine like this for 6 munths

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2008, 12:40:29 pm »
i'm sure trannys that have done 100k plus will be more prone but if they are fairly new every person i know that owns one swears by them.
Same goes with a new Vivaro/Trafic then. ::)

sorry  squeeky but thats not the case, the very very expsenive problem of the high pressure fuel pump failing can occour in vivaro-movano vans with as little as 40000 miles on the clock,sometimes even less, and it can happen without any prior warning,one day ur van is going great and the next day  say goodbye to  £2000.

its sad and its wrong,but its true im afraid.

back to transits for me
Get a Transit then...enjoy the gearbox problems, oil leaks and starter motor failing.

have you owned a transit squeaky? i have owned 3, my dad has had 7 never a gearbox faliure, never an oil leak apart from an old 97 i had and never a starter motor failure. how can you possilby comment on the reliability of a renault trafic that would of done under 15000 miles by the time you get shot of it? and you say i'm talking rubbish! i think you need to re-evaluate me old mukka ;)

i have a vivaro and a transit. both run at 20,000 miles a year so i rekon i may be in a little better position to comment over your one that has done the same mileage as a granny going to tesco's once a week ::)
How do I know?
Used to work in a Ford garage mate. ;)
Those are the common problems. I've seen it first hand.
I haven't owned a Transit, but I've driven probably about 200-300 of them.
I've got a friend with a van hire business too.

Seems to me that there's potential problems with any van.
Just that people will stick up for their own.

Steve CM

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2008, 12:42:46 pm »
stick up for thier own? i own them both but am sticking up for the reliable one!! ::)

if you listened more you may learn a little something ;)

tomy jackson

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2008, 12:47:50 pm »
youv bin lucky not to have had box in trany i used to look after 100s of them , but haveing sad that its not in the same league as renalt ex , its the expenc that stands them a part 2k for box is the dif and trany its a lot longer befor trubel normaly and trany is esy to fix

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2008, 04:30:44 pm »
stick up for thier own? i own them both but am sticking up for the reliable one!! ::)

Maybe you'll one day learn that a brand new van probably won't give you any trouble.
Especially a Trafic/Vivaro. ;)

Steve CM

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2008, 04:46:12 pm »

Maybe you'll one day learn that a brand new van probably won't give you any trouble.
Especially a Trafic/Vivaro. ;)

still you show you don't listen...read back through the posts ::)