Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TVCS

Selling work??
« on: September 24, 2008, 01:50:52 pm »
Hi folks, really downsized my round and as such found someone that wants to buy some work from me.     
Having built my round from scratch I'm not too sure of the ins and outs of selling work.   

Any advice would be greatly received.     

I will be keeping about 20 custies tops and the rest of my round he can have.  But I've read on here that the going rate is 2x  and other posts its 4 x.  ? ???

Is it best to introduce the new chap to custies or just let them know that he will be taking over and get him to introduce himself? 

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.
Ant

Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

seandyer2003

Re: Selling work??
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 07:16:40 pm »
usually its 5 x monthly taking, so if its 200 a fortnight, you'd get 2000, or if its 500 a month = 5000, but thats if its paying well and compact, ie not less than 20-25 hr, any less you may have to drop price, and if its really good, 30 + an hr, you may even be able to get more! ive known rounds that are rubbish (£3 houses) go for 14-15 times!!

TVCS

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:48:21 pm »
Thanks for the replies chaps.   
I never go collecting so I was thinking of letting the custies know of the change over and if they are happy for the new chap to carry on where I have left off he can contact them etc.

The round I'm selling isnt really that compact, I'm keeping the best little bit of it and the rest is all pretty well priced and all within I'd say a 5 -7.5 mile radius of the main town.  It is a mixture of 4 - 6 and 8 wk cleans so I wont be asking for a fortune, just glad someone is going to look after my custies ( how sad)

Hopefully meeting with the cahp this week but this week I'm flat out with the housing association work so might have to sort it at the weekend.   

Thanks again for the input

Dean Taberner

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 05:50:23 pm »
 ??? good post though.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

eddie d

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 06:00:22 pm »
rounds most of the time go for 2 to 4 times there monthly turnover.
dont know anyone who would pay above 4 times.

ALAN HAYNES

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 06:24:40 pm »
not me

seandyer2003

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 07:05:24 pm »
i contacted someone today who is selling 3400 in my area!! so really wanna see if its good, but he wants 5 x, thats 17000, dont think anyone will pay that as its far too much, in that case you are probably looking at 4 x max

seandyer2003

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 07:39:20 pm »
think he wants the whole lot to go though? i wouldnt mind getting bit of it might ask to break it down :)

TVCS

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 08:49:59 pm »
Had a natter with the buyers today and we agreed a price.   
They want to pay 50% upfont and then the rest after the 1st clean.  We are happy with this as the round is spread out quite a bit and I think the truth be told they cant afford it all upfront.   

Want to word the reciept well (offiacial, legal) so they cant just not pay when the time comes.   But pretty crap when it comes to official documents of this nature so any advice or tips would be appreciated.   They seem decent enough people(family run biz) and I think they are pretty chuffed that this round has landed in thier lap as they are just setting up really.   

Been out talking to our old custies today and its amazing the amount that are sad to see us go and some even offered us more pennies to keep going.  It seems that a good window cleaner is hard to find.