Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RSWindows

60ft poles
« on: October 05, 2008, 02:22:13 pm »
can anyone who uses a 60ft w/f pole give me some feedback as to how long u can reasonably work with them before the strain gets too much etc.

also can anyone give me their difinitive answer as to which 60ft pole is best in regards to quality and price.

Kindest Regards
Colin

alanwilson

Re: 60ft poles
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 03:07:05 pm »
Hi RS welcome to CIU

We use Brodex Cobra 57' and Ionics E3 poles, when using poles over 35ft the easiest way to work them is by walking back and forth, not using the arms to lift and lower the pole.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 03:27:51 pm »
hi RS
     you cant go wrong with the gardiner supa-lite2 it is extremely light and very rigid and if you are of reasonable fitness can be used for hours on end without need for a break, the best pole i have got and a lot cheaper than other 60fters
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Kevin R

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 04:21:59 pm »
I only use the Gardiners SL2 now. Once you have used it you'll never use a telescopic at height again. Light, strong, manageable all day, compaired to Heavy, strong blimmin knackered after 20mins  ;)

RSWindows

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 07:32:12 pm »
reasonably fit?  :D    who in here is TRUTHFULLY gonna say they are just that!  ;D

I can see a lot of noses getting longer by the minute ;)

nahh thanks for the info guys, appreciated!!!

Kevin R

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 07:48:56 pm »
reasonably fit?  :D    who in here is TRUTHFULLY gonna say they are just that!  ;D

I can see a lot of noses getting longer by the minute ;)

nahh thanks for the info guys, appreciated!!!

I used a telescopic carbon fibre poles for a long while on commercial work. I have tennis elbow in both arms due to this type of work. However I still continued as there was no alternative at the time. So I was reasonably unfit for this type of work. I had to have regular rests and I would spread my work out over days to give my elbows recovery time between jobs or the pain would keep me up at night.

Then I was introduced to the SL2. I bought one, I have to admit I had my doubts about quality and strength but I have to say I cant find fault with it. Its easy to use, extremely light and I can honestly say I can use it all day. My tennis elbow is much improved and now I dont have to avoid or schedule work to avoid the associated pain.

For me its now a no brainer, if it broke or needed to be replaced tomorrow I would replace it with exactly the same pole  ;D