Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Busby

Pricing a serious job in the morning, Fingers crossed
« on: October 01, 2008, 04:34:32 pm »

I have an appointment in the morning for roughly 5 hours pricing up a serious job & if it comes off, could be massive for me..

Just keeping my fingers crossed, and have worked for past 18 years running my own business for something like this to come along.

I have been asked by a company that i have sub-contracted for past 3 years, so they know the standard of work i produce.

Just got a few major concerns regarding employing someone else & expense of another van & equipment, s have appointment with my business manager next wednesday to help me.

trike

Re: Pricing a serious job in the morning, Fingers crossed
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 04:41:59 pm »
if you need any help let me know,i can give you a hand and use my own equipment wfp

jakeandmia

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 04:42:44 pm »
Good luck,its nice when things like this happen.Why not get someone to sub contract to you instead of forking out loads of money straight away.If after a few months it goes t*ts up then youre not left with unwanted goods and bills(thats if you have them on the knock)

Wayne

jakeandmia

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 04:56:43 pm »
Why not get your friend to have that written on his van and make it worth his while,however if the jobs are massive in the way of money then why not go the full hog.

wayne

AJ

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 04:57:07 pm »
Try and sign a contract for a certain amount of time (enough to recoup your outlay at least) as they could well get you to do it for a while and set up their window cleaning division anyway.
It has happened to me. We done all the graft and they set up six months later and whipped the carpet from under our feet.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 05:05:22 pm »
Hope it goes well Archer.

Keep your head firmly on and check that small print when it comes along!

foxy

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 05:07:57 pm »
good luck with it; don't have any beers tonight, have a few tomorrow to celebrate!
try not to be overawed with it and don't underprice yourself, it's got to be worth your while. :)
traditional cleaner, shop windows and some pubs.

ronnie paton

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 05:23:37 pm »
good luck, im sure the expence the van and equipment brings will only justify its self in so little time adn the problems you get with employing will settle once you find the right employee/team.

Im guessing it may be a few vans and a few staff you need?? if so make sure you keep a good check on there work i find that they seem to think its ok to let the quality of there work go if its not being checked.

Be ready to mayb earn alittle less at first but if its that big in time it will be paying ££££

once a gain good luck.......o ye i have a nice hugo boss suite in a 38r  if you want to look the part ;D

jodan63

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 06:46:01 pm »
good luck mate . even if man u won last night ;D

Pittmonkey

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 11:33:29 pm »
Good Luck M8. Hope all goes well.

You have come to a point where you need to make some big decisions its like the old saying
"He who Dare's Wins!!"

I'm sure you will  :)

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

lovewindows

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 09:39:48 pm »
Hope it goes well for you Manc
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

Dale Smith

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 08:17:56 pm »
Best of luck Archer, really hope this comes off for you as this sounds like the kind of job we are all waiting for, the one which changes your whole outlook on your business.
Good luck with the tender  ;)
Swindon, Wiltshire.