Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

billozz

submersible pump
« on: September 14, 2008, 07:24:33 pm »
thinking of using a submersible pump to transfer water from a 1000ltr ibc to a tank on the van, does anyone know if one of them will fit through the hole in the top of an ibc.
i assume thats the only way to do it. also anyone know what size hose fits onto the pump
thanks
bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

jeff1

Re: submersible pump
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 07:30:47 pm »
Hi Bill
I bought my pump from Toolstation for less than £30 its still going strong today after 20 months, I had to cut the opening to get it inside but once its in there you dont have to take it out again.

I bought the 1.5'' size hose, go for the heavy duty one (Yellow) the blue cheaper one doesn't last that long.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 07:50:03 pm »
I have an upright 400ltr tank for storage and I had to fit the outlet pipe fitting to the pump inside the tank as I couldn't get the pump through the opening with it attatched. It was quite tricky but could be done. I don't know if it's possible with an IBC.

Just a suggestion.

Allways Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 10:44:35 pm »
on reccomendation i bought said pump from toolstation. have lay flat 400l but upright in garage. and forgot to get hose, will take 23mm to 32mm. not too expensive though. but could not get pump through hole and had to assemble inside tank. no major probs works well.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 10:52:22 pm »
thinking of using a submersible pump to transfer water from a 1000ltr ibc to a tank on the van, does anyone know if one of them will fit through the hole in the top of an ibc.
i assume thats the only way to do it. also anyone know what size hose fits onto the pump
thanks
bill
i have an ibc in van and an ibc in shed
the 650 in van will not take the sub pump
the 1000 in shed will
different size openings on ibc,s
easy to cut a hole in  a static tank with a jigsaw tho
just enlarge existing one

geefree

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 11:05:24 pm »
you guys are sooo  busy with diy .... its admirable  ;)  aint there just a lot to do and think of in this game?

keeps us busy eh.

LWC

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 07:25:16 am »
www.toolstation.com/messages.html?code=89645&mainWin=1

there you go, and mine fitted straight through the whole mate, no need to cut ;)

paulscotney

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 06:30:51 pm »
I saw one in Lidl on Saturday. It was about £25 from memory. It said it could  pump 13000L an hour I think. Seemed a high pump rate for the price. Didn't take a note as I don't need one.

billozz

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 08:48:38 pm »
i would like to confirm that the one we bought would not go through the hole, so we had to cut another, but then you have the problem of sealing it up again, then you have another hole to deal with.....the one for the hose from pump to new tank.....but aftre all that we did it
thanks for all the advise guys but i dont think we would do it this way again too much hassle
bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other