Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

New improved Gardiners Double trim.
« on: September 13, 2008, 09:15:59 pm »
I must say when i first got the new improved brush i thought i`d been sent the original again without inspecting it properly,the brush is slightly shorter in length and the tufts of bristles are in different places though retaining the same amount throughout the brush itself.The bristle length is 3mm shorter which when looking is hardly noticable but is radically noticed when in use,IMO this brush is the best i`ve ever used as it works well on all types of windows ie leads small panes and plate glass,there is no bumping over the glass on leads at all and the brush now stays in line on the window when in use and by this i mean it goes where you want it to go.The new version dosen`t push flat on the glass which is what i hate it has the perfect tension on the window with the ideal splay,it also splays up nicely under sash windows and the like and glides accross the window exactly how you would want it to,the main and most important thing for me is that rinsing on is easy with this brush allowing you to work quicker.The only thing i`d like to see is the gap round the jets with more bristles,i feel it`s a waste of space and would only enhance the brush even more.So there you go i think THE brush is now available to buy at last and it`s been a long time coming,well done Alex it just goes to show you the difference between a product that`s designed by someone that uses it daily and someone that dosen`t,i`d like to see me get a discount aswell seen as i have 2 of the original versions which i can`t get on with lol.

ftp

Re: New improved Gardiners Double trim.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 09:24:24 pm »
Oh well, looks like i'll have to take your old brush off your hands. Fiver sound good?

NWH

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 09:35:14 pm »
The only thing that concerns me is how long it will last.

ftp

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 10:25:52 pm »
It will last until the flocked verion comes out i would imagine.  ;D

NWH

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 11:37:54 pm »
Another positive comment from ftp. ::) ::)

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 11:44:20 pm »
Yes I was highly impressed with this new brush from Gardiners.

I had been toying with the idea of getting a tucker brush up until recently, given that any reviews they get are always highly impressive. But decided to  hold off until this latest brush of Alex's arrived, having already got the original version of the single trim.

This latest one to me seems the perfect domestic brush, cant really comment on commercial, but Id imagine something with maybe a little more tendency to splay would help in that dept for height. I wonder if the single trim would be better for that.

Anyway, my weapon of choice from now on.

Matt

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 11:58:23 pm »
Glad you like it, maybe in time I will get the new one, but if they keep improving it, I will wait a couple of revisions.

ps. Another vote for more bristles on the inner row.

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 07:31:07 am »
Just like to say NWH what a well expedited account. A truly excellent review of a product with indepth knowledge and well argued reasoning. If those two teapots sanity and WCE had ever got their farcical magazine idea off the ground this is kind of standard I would have been looking for.

This forum is very poor in terms of product reviews; those that give positive reveiws fall into two camps, they either gush and give no real detail or brag about how cheap they got it because they put one over on ag.

I shall now get a couple.Cheers NWH.

Dave Turley

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 12:26:51 pm »
i've had my slx and double trim for 2 weeks now and love the pole and brush.

I presume I have an old double trim but i'm not sure.

how do I tell which one I have and alex do you ave plans to ring out a double trim with flocked bristles?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 01:29:05 pm »
I got my new one yesterday on Friday too, I really look forward to using it, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

kris martin

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 01:47:02 pm »
looking on the website and i cant see the brush has anybody got a link?

ftp

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 02:19:24 pm »

kris martin

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 02:24:21 pm »
cheers mate, dont know why i missed that i was looking there...   will these brushes fit on an xtel/unger?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 03:19:50 pm »
kris, yes

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 08:41:09 pm »
i've had my slx and double trim for 2 weeks now and love the pole and brush.

I presume I have an old double trim but i'm not sure.

how do I tell which one I have and alex do you ave plans to ring out a double trim with flocked bristles?

The new version has only been out since Thursday so yours will be the previous one. We are planning on bringing out a flocked version (mainly because many like them, not because I want to use them myself!) we are not sure which to go for dual-trim or single-trim. What does everyone reckon?

jaykie

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 08:44:37 pm »
put up a seperate post with a vote

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 08:49:20 pm »
put up a seperate post with a vote

Will do.

jaykie

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 08:51:04 pm »
Alex that wasnt ment how it could of sounded just thought you may get a better response

Chris

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 08:54:33 pm »
I just took it as good advice and have followed it!  :D