Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

corner guards and sliders
« on: August 14, 2008, 06:53:01 pm »
need some corner guards and ive only got 4 sliders so need some more of them, where's the best place to get some from.
oh and how many corner guards is enough, i'm guessing 6 would suffice.
and while i'm here, is clearwater rinse safe with wool or is it to strong to balance pre spray gold. i usuallly use fib fab but clearwater seems  a lot better.
derek

Len Gribble

Re: corner guards and sliders
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 08:03:20 pm »
Sold all my corner guards too Pete Sweeney FIVER EACH.

len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Jim_77

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 08:22:06 pm »
www.choiceful.com/disprod.php?pId=20299&deptId=I1

One of the handiest little bits of kit I've ever used, I carry about 8 sets of them!  You can get the majority of the lounge/diner furniture all mounted up at once on them so you don't need to mess about with pads until you re-set the room after cleaning ;)

derek west

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 08:37:09 pm »
are these any good?
h ttp://www.lakeland.co.uk/furniture-gliders/F/keyword/gliders/product/20984

Jim_77

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 08:39:44 pm »
The small round ones?  NO!

There's not enough slider on contact with the carpet to reduce the friction... the furniture just falls off.  Absolutely bloody useless things!

Lakeland actually used to sell the big ones I linked to, but replaced them with those poxy little things.  Took me ages to find those type somewhere else at a sensible price.

colin thomas

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 10:15:15 pm »
jimmy, take another look, the offer is 4 small and 4 LARGE at a special offer price, i use them all the time, they are blinding at that price, why pay up to £20 for ONE set elsewhere?

colin
colin thomas

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 10:54:33 pm »
Oh I didn't follow the link so didn't see the offer!  They never did the big ones last time I looked, hence my comments above.

As long as the big ones aren't as useless as the small ones, they seem OK but then you do own a load of useless small sliders, i suppose you could use them as earmuffs or something ;D

They are lower priced than the ones on choiceful.com.... only time will tell if they're decent enough quality.  Some of the ones I have are 4 years old and still going strong!

Not too much of a financial gamble compared to a 20 grand leaflet campaign :D

Paul Simpson

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 09:42:19 am »
Bought some sliders from a discount (pound) shop look exactly the same as those Lakeland ones, used a few times now, absolute bargin.  ;D