Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

Appointed
« on: August 07, 2008, 07:59:05 pm »
can any one tell me what this means exactly?

I have just won a contract to clean the carpets at "imo , a prestigous named premesis" from a C/D operator.
I was asked to visit the sight, Have a chat , work out a price etc as in the managers words" they were not happy with past c/c" for what reason I didnt ask, perhaps on hindsight I should have done!!!
Any way, I visited , gave a demo , worked price out per sq, metre for any work during the year and consequently got the job. alot of work , not all at once mind , but over the year a fair bit .
     However, I was asked before I left if I would like to go on their appointed list, yes !! I answered not really thinking about it............. so what exactly does this mean ? please
any pitfalls or advantages ?
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

John Kelly

Re: Appointed
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 08:07:30 pm »
I would guess you are put on a list of companies they have appointed to do work. What that list is for or what they do with it you would have to ask. If they are a prestige outfit then it may be beneficial to mention that you work for them in your marketing literature. With their permission of course. Bit like the Royal Seal of Approval but not as posh.

gwrightson

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 08:21:10 pm »
Got to admit John ,
That thought had crossed my mind!, and yes asking permission may be a good idea.

I have seen the C/D  outfit doing exact that in the past , I will test the water when i go  8)

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 08:32:59 pm »
We used to do the top designer clothes shop in Newcastle. £100 square metre hand made carpet throughout, 15 years ago. Wouldn't trust anyone else to clean it. All up now and wood floors but still do their million + house when required. Anyway got a lot of work on the back of that one.

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 08:59:04 pm »
Geoff

Now your scaring me (Any way, I visited , gave a demo , worked price out per sq, metre for any work during the year and consequently got the job. alot of work , not all at once mind , but over the year a fair bit .)

Did you stipulate min charge for a call out, or are you just doing it for name dropping, :o wish CD would come back they are doing a disservice to the carpet cleaning  ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

gwrightson

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 09:22:52 pm »
Len,

No minimum charge, no call out charge        as the work to be done are all large areas at once
it would not involve having to clean a small area at any one time
I am only estimating here but I would say the mimimum amount at any one time would be around 400sq metres from what they have shown me.
I have give a firm price per metre cleaned at any one time.
Geoff

ps. "name dropping"
well Len I wish I could, but dont know where I stand yet!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 11:01:29 pm »
Geoff

I don’t know what you negotiated with them, but you did scare me, 400sqm sounds good, but I have give a firm price per metre cleaned at any one time ambiguous, thankfully I’m not in your league. ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

gwrightson

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 06:00:27 am »
Len,

what would be your concerns ? about charging per metre at any one time .

I would have thought it was the simplest way :-\ as opposed to pricing a paticuler area whenever , they did ask for a pricing policy along these lines.
Geoff

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 08:09:51 am »
If it was local Government they do that.

Have you a contract for the year.

Or is just a little bit at  a time.

What is to stop them dropping you after first clean?

Apart from that Congratulations I bet you went out of the building feeling 10 foot tall

gwrightson

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 02:43:54 pm »
Not Local gov Ian,

and yes for the year.

Geoff

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 06:05:29 pm »
What system are you going in with? cimex/catlyst? or dry fusion or similar.  ???
"So basically its a big vax!"

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 10:21:25 am »
I do the occasional cottage , farm house for the Queen but she wont appoint me ;D ;D

gwrightson

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 11:13:37 am »
already given demo with cimex,
explained the system , they are happy......... they are even pre and post vaccing as I stressed the importance.
so cimex it is

geoff

clinton

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 08:34:45 am »
What sort of areas have you got to do?

Is it all low profile carpets?

gwrightson

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 08:17:19 pm »
Clinton,

my first area,s to be cleaned is a total of 1300 sq metres ,
and yes it is all low profile.

Geoff