Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andy Hogarth

Waterproof cover for porty
« on: August 02, 2008, 07:48:47 pm »
I have a mytee speedster porty and when it tanks it down I'm stuffed, Mostly I leave it outside but when it rains I'm taking it into the house and hate doing this.

Is there any kind of waterproof cover you can get, I was thinking of getting a bbq cover and putting over but don't want to overheat it or anything. If there is nothing I'm going to mess about with a cover and some tent poles ;D ;D

Andy
Www.2venturegroup.com

PaulKing

Re: Waterproof cover for porty
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 07:57:35 pm »
its a tough old girl just put your hose bag on top or a sheet of pvc ( also handy to use if your cleaning a TPS or having a mud wrestling party ) 

just protect the electrics & switches and the rest will fend for itself.

p.s use a RCD just in case!

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Jim_77

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 08:08:34 pm »
If you did want to fit a cover over it, all you'd have to do is make sure you don't cover over any air inlet vents or the cooling fan if it has one (not familiar with these machines).

But as Paul says, most extraction machines are designed with the fact in mind that they may be subject to getting water down the outsides of them, either from rain or cack-handed pouring from buckets.

I have a large vinyl tarpaulin in the van, I often just use that folded up into a quarter of its size, it kind of makes a roof for the machine!

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 08:22:01 pm »
Andy

Ashbys sell one that fits a Ninja - cost around £55, don't know if it would be any good for your Mytee.

Steve

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 08:36:28 pm »
ebay No; 160265983991 

buy one of these and cut it down.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 08:39:35 pm »
Andy

When i was using my extracta portable, i used to slip my empty hose bag over the switch panel, and as has been sugested, use an rcd for safety.

Very waterproof these hose bags. Other than this, how about a fishing tent thingy.

Dave

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 08:40:50 pm »
Cheers all, been to asda and got a bbq cover for 1/2 price (£2.50) combine this with an open wet floor sign at the front to keep it off the cooling fan and it's a treat.

Maybe I just need a big van ;D ;D

ebay No; 160265983991

buy one of these and cut it down.

Mike was you searching 'Dehumidified Storage Bag Stationary Engine'.......... or fetish ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Andy
Www.2venturegroup.com

mark shannon

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 08:43:58 pm »
Solutions had one made up for my Recoil a couple of years back which is same shape as Scorpion

would not be without it  :)

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 08:46:17 pm »
Steve

I’ve got one of them only use it when in storage.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 08:48:07 pm »
You've got one of everything in them garages Len  ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 08:59:58 pm »
How's about this for an idea?

Golf umbrella + a couple of pipe clips fixed to side of machine

Mytee Poppins :D

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 09:09:04 pm »
Steve

Tell me about it! Was very gullible and it was free but that another story, but it dose keep the dust off. ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

clinton

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 10:17:56 pm »
Wait till it gets windy on a cold day in the winter and it half way down the road :D

Always trap it under your front wheels of your machine :)

Steve Chapman

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 12:03:15 am »
i used to use a motorcycle cover from argos, which was great as it had a see thru panel in the top so you could still see what was going on and an elastic bottom to it so it stayed put in the wind and rain, i think about a tenner , best buy i ever had and never had to worry about it lashing it down, you do have to make sure the vents are clear tho as you dont want the motors overheating

regards
steve