Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bob Allen

loss of pressure
« on: June 25, 2008, 07:41:15 pm »
Hi Guys i have a cleanrite edge 300psi portable (same as the hydramaster Raptor) i dontuse it that often as i have a truck mount but ive notice the last couple of times ive used it when i squeeze the want trigger the the pressure guage drops from 300psi to about 100 psi i assume it might be some kind of air lock. i cant remember how to rectify this can anyone remind me or give me some advice

Bob Allen

Joe H

Re: loss of pressure
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 07:52:32 pm »
Did the machine come with a piece of solution hose which is open ended.
If so just attach to the solution connector and start the machine. Should purge the air out.
Use a suiable vessel to catch the water or it makes a mess of the floor  ;)

Darren O

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 08:09:08 pm »
This happened to me today with my Raptor it usually happens when the solution tank is running low you can do what Joe says or just carry on using the machine and after about 10mins the preasure will go back up to 300psi.Also meant to say i dont think its anything to do with an airlock i think its the pump priming itself usually when you have ran the solution tank dry.

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 08:11:14 pm »
Bob

If advice given doesn’t work it could have silted up.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Bob Allen

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 09:00:05 pm »
Ive got an open ended valve i will try that....the pressure guage does show 300 but drops as soon as i pull the trigger
Bob Allen

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 09:06:58 pm »
Hi Bob,

I'm no engineer but seem to remember being told that this could be caused by blocked filters restricting flow, try cleaning them or using an acid to get rid of the calcium carbonate.

Cheers

Doug

Darren O

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 09:09:25 pm »
Bob if you keep your finger on the trigger of the wand and let it run for a few minutes you will see it slowly going back up to 300psi.

John Milnes

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 09:37:42 pm »
When you open the trigger, you are letting pressure into the open air, thus only registering 100 psi... risidual pressure? The guage will not register 300 psi when the triger is open.

If the guage registers 300 psi when then triger is closed all should be well with the pump.

If you notice loss of flow at the jetts, it could be that the wand filters are getting blocked.

John

*paul_moss

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 09:55:24 pm »
Used to have one of these machines. hen the tank is low or empty it will take air in and cause a lock.

Joes advice is spot on. Make sure you prime it this way for about 3 mins then it will rectify its self once the air lock has gone.
To stop it happening just dont run the fresh tank dry ;)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

will_turton

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 06:22:54 am »
bob!!

murky

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 08:06:11 am »
Oh and if you put an acid in the machine make sure you flush it out 2 or 3 times afterwards as the first time you use it on a custys carpet it will scorch the carpet and leave a brown streak.

I put mild acid in my Altec machine a few years ago over night, just flushed it through next day. Went to clean carpets next day and ended up damaging them.

Luckily it was mine, it left a browning stain in the corner, where the corner lamp is now actually!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So flush it through a few times to make sure.

Murky

Darren O

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 02:29:27 pm »
I think ive found out what the problem is as my raptor has been loosing preasure for over a month now.I tried all of the above incl runing solution hose into bucket to try and prime pump but no joy so i phoned hydramaster they told me what to do you have to take the brass preasure numpty of watch out for the spring it comes flying out there is also a small brass fitting with a nipple on it remove that to.Then there is a small it looks like a silver bullit inside take that out to thats what has to be cleaned if you cant get it out switch the pump on and will force it out.Once you get that out you will see a small black rubber o ring thats what you have to clean and then give it a spray with rubber lubricant i did mine this morning and its working like new again.

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 12:30:45 am »
Darren,

That's good info, my speedster seems to stop going over 200psi now and the pressure control is turned to max.

Will try that tomorrow as the speedster has a very similar arrangement to what you describe

Mike

Bob Allen

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 05:57:04 pm »
Darren is it poss you can give me a quick call on 02392 345102 cheers bob
Bob Allen

Darren O

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 10:35:56 pm »
Good and bad news  the preasure has dropped again but its running at between 200-250psi before it was running at 120psi but if i turn the preasure gauge up to 400 it will run at nearly 300psi i think i will have to take another look at it. If it starts to drop down to 120psi again i will be sending it back to hydramaster its pointless using a machine of that weight when my powermax has 120psi.Bob if you want to phone me my no is 07841829065.cheers Darren.

Darren O

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 10:58:10 am »
Last night had the machine in back garden i spent over an hour filling the machine me and my son.I kept my finger on the trigger of the wand my wee boy keeped filling it with water after about an hour i got it to just under 300psi then today i used it on a job it was working fine i think you have got to prime the pump by using the wand i tried the open solution hose in a bucket but made no difference so hopefully thats it still dont no whats causing it i never let the machine run dry and always make sure theres plenty of water in it so i dont no how it can be some kind of air lock.