Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kinder clean

Right or wrong - guilty or not guilty
« on: August 01, 2008, 08:24:25 am »
Did 2 seperate stain removal jobs this week, the first was an end of tenancy bungalow which had large stains to both the hall carpet and bedroom carpet custy was saying he had no idea what the stain was, the second was a commercial 1st floor office that had a water dispenser leak causing 6 foot area stain.

For both jobs I didn't even get the HWE machine out of the van  :o - I pre-sprayed micro splitter (so no issue with the PH on these particular jobs) then agitated with the sebo duo, after a few minutes of graft the stains were gone, vacuumed the fluff residue up and voila!!! job done - Now before starting I had every intention of setting up the HWE and extracting and I know theoretically I dispersed the stain more so than actually extracting it but the custys were both very happy.

There is the voice in the back of my mind saying ' I cut corners' just wondered if this is a common way of cleaning or am I really a lazy swine that should feel racked with guilt.  ::) ::)

Got me to thinking you could actually clean an entire carpet in this way, if the carpet wasn't laden with dirt - but of course I wouldn't dream of doing that - even if the property was empty.  ;D

Paul

Joe H

Re: Right or wrong - guilty or not guilty
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 08:31:36 am »
If you had done just one more step - wipe with a terry towel - then you would have done a basic form of carpet cleaning using a rotary machine, where some dirt gets transferred to the pad and the rest gets disperesed over a larger area so it blends in.
Like you said though, a real dirty carpet needs HWE, but maintenance this way is ok.
For larger areas get yourself a 2nd hand low speed buffer and pads, beats getting on the knees.

carlton care

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 08:50:44 am »
For small jobs like that the little ORECK or CLEANFIX with bonnet will do the job Joe suggests, just keeps you off your knees. I've had excellent and lasting results using those little machines with a crystallising foam.

robert m

clinton

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 09:38:08 am »
Paul as joe said you should get yourself a buffer..

Its a great way of the maintenance of some commercial areas and on most jobs i was using my texatherm/dry fusion system..

Only have my buffer and pads now and use prochem bonnet cleaner :)

carlton care

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 09:44:20 am »
Morning Clinton

I was a Tex' user also and got some amazing results with it. The only drawback, was the amount of equipment to lug around.

clinton

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 10:14:21 am »
Morn to you, yes must also say there was so much stuff as you had to move it all to each section that you were cleaning :)

Especialy the heater tank :D