Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drive surgeon

can anyone recommend a hot washer and supplier?
« on: July 09, 2008, 05:02:55 pm »
hi im looking into getting a hot water pressure washer, maybe one on wheels like my cold water pressure washer so i can wheel it if neccessary, maybe i dont need to wheel it??   :o   im new to the hot water game but been told hot is best for removing  oil, graffiti, and gum so think it outweighs cold. can you turn the temp up on the hot water washer so you get steam for gum removal or do you need a steam cleaner too?

BDCS

Re: can anyone recommend a hot washer and supplier?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 05:27:30 pm »
Why not get a hot box then you got the best of both worlds

drive surgeon

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 05:38:52 pm »
i have no electric and not enough room for a generator too. ???

i could sell my cold water one and just use hot for everything??

rob fryer

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 07:44:40 pm »
Drive surgeon you can turn up the temp about 150c on most machines but you wont get that temp with pressure because the water passes through the heater coil to quickly for the burner to heat the water turn the temp up and pressure down for max heat ,give me a email might be able to find a second hand hot washer .

Roger Oakley

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 08:51:10 am »
Drive Surgeon,
Have a look at this company,
www.tgeorgepodell.com
This is where we got our trailer from, they do sell just machines skid mounted. They also do machines on wheels, but you would need access to 240 volts and a decent amount of amps so a generator really.

trevor perry

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 05:01:05 pm »
hi drive surgeon
  we use a lavorwash thermic 17 it is a skid mount machine but would be to big to put on wheels so we have put it in the back of a trailer along with a 1000 litre tank.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

billyc

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 10:06:47 pm »
HI
Drive surgeon
a company here in Manchester build and fit a hotbox in your van-
the box is basically a heating coil the guys explained that all the kit that comes with a purpose built model eg lavor etc isnt necessary  and finally  the system is bolted into your van and as such doesnt have to be removed.

I started out in partner van - upgraded to a scudo - then to a ducato and finally i am now in a Iveco - hate to think of the money i have wasted-
Dont waste your time in a small van

My van now houses a hot box fixed- water tank fixed and all the various pieces of kit to carry out the various tasks

I have just finished a paint removal job on a house and the hot box easily shifted the paint

The hot box opens gives you other oppurtnities.

Just need to a a chimney fitted to van to vent the fumes.

Billy

drive surgeon

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 10:11:50 pm »
thanks billy, will keeep that in mind. ;D