Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Which machine?
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2008, 07:24:15 pm »
John

What do you think is a reasonable spec/setup for getting into pressure washing?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2008, 07:41:48 pm »
Mike,

You make a very valid point indeed.
I know lots of people in this business that have carved out very good niche markets that provide them with a very stable and profitable business.
One guy  works for a small group of hotels, some of them national companies but they use him as opposed to contracting out the work because he offers them a bespoke personal service they can't get anywhere else. He even rights out his own order!!!!
Another guy does exceptionally well in the insurance market cleaning up after fires and floods and his business is almost recession proof and very lucrative indeed.

As you mentioned Dave Liahona has developed his niche market and I know Nigel Woodhead has been very successful in picking out specific corners of the market in which to work.
Again this all points to researching your market and making sure you have the tools to get you where you want to be.

Simon

lands

« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2008, 07:43:49 pm »
Pete, get yourself a satnav. Were all those bottles there.

Well I ordered lots and there were lots so I guess the answer is yes. Bit more than 4 or 5 boxes.

Cheers

John Kelly

« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2008, 07:55:00 pm »
Mike, for pressure washing minimum is 3000 psi, 15 litre minute. This will cope with most jobs. Married to a turbo lance and flat surface cleaner. Lower pressure machines will work but like carpet cleaners will take longer.

« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2008, 09:36:55 pm »
Thanks John

John Kelly

« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2008, 10:54:04 pm »
It has a 2000 psi pump and 15 litres a minute flow which makes it adequate for light pressure washing ie concrete, facias etc but for stone and block paving you really need the extra pressure to get rid of the Algae growth.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2008, 11:51:21 am »
may be time for a training corse jhon im sure manywould look into this but just need to see it done by one of ourselfs not the gods

John Kelly

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2008, 06:09:42 pm »
Don't need a course for pressure washing. Pretty straight forward. Just have to learn what substrates not to use too high a pressure on. Basically start low and wind it up until it starts cleaning to the desired affect.