Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cvdewsbury

Re: gutter vacs any good?
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2008, 08:39:01 pm »
kev R

what size generator do you use for your system?

can,t remember what you said in the past do you carry all kit in a van or have you got a specially made trailer..cheers

Kevin R

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2008, 10:36:37 pm »
I have a 5 kva generator. I have it mounted in a trailer as its too heavy to move in and out of a vehicle on my own. Its easier to move the whole trailer.

paulscotney

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2008, 10:50:56 pm »
Kev R, thanks for your interesting posts, do you have the 220 or 110 version.

Kevin R

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2008, 09:03:17 am »
I have the 220v Omnivac. I dont really do any building site work and sometimes I have to work inside courtyards. The generator is too far away. Using the 220V version you can just plug in to the clients supply with out the hassle of moving the generator or lugging a transformer.

We have also decided not to use the Omnivac in a cherry picker as it would be very easy to overload it as the machine fills, especially if the gutters are wet. We have found manual clearing quicker as you can leave the water to drain, not remove it. (Some mewps have a 110v power line running up the boom).  If you were a skinny person this would not be an issue but I weigh about 16 stone!!!

Hope that helps  ;)

cvdewsbury

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2008, 03:58:03 pm »
 If you were a skinny person this would not be an issue but I weigh about 16 stone!!!

all muscle though kev!! ;)

Kevin R

« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2008, 04:34:14 pm »
If you were a skinny person this would not be an issue but I weigh about 16 stone!!!

all muscle though kev!! ;)

Love muscle mate...LOL