Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

can anyone tell me how to put resin in big vessel
« on: May 27, 2008, 08:21:50 am »
due to me having no water im going to try n use in my di vessels which have been sat on the side for a few months, lazy me

whats the best way fillin em? how far do you fill them up?

LWC

Re: can anyone tell me how to put resin in big vessel
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 08:45:58 am »
window washers told me so im now sorted  ;D

and i was hoping for a day off lol!!

life saver window washers!!

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 10:36:41 am »
Hi Matt!,

The hardest thing is opening them if theyve havent been opened for a long time, so be prepared for a struggle.

Empty the old resin and use a funnel or a home made carboard funnel to put the new stuff in. Only fill it just over 3 quaters, Luke

Watch this video:

www.brodexbms.co.uk/video_resin.html

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 10:38:42 am »
oh and use rubber gloves too and dont get it on your skin. Its an irritant, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

LWC

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 10:28:11 pm »
ive had these di vessels for ages, just never used em, but they were dammed quick fairplay.

i just got a cup and poured it in slowy cup by cup till it was full then pushed the lid down in

LWC

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 10:30:01 pm »
thank you by the way  ;)

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 10:38:33 pm »
window washers told me so im now sorted  ;D

and i was hoping for a day off lol!!

life saver window washers!!
Your welcome m8 anytime, and you have just had a holiday so didnt need a day off  :P

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 10:46:29 pm »
now youve got that figured, i was wondering if you could help.
I picked up a Brita Filtration unit, from a auction sale for nothing hardly that looks exactly the same as a di vessel give or take a few things, ie the head i think it screws in but havent got it off yet, it has a water meter too, and the outlet has an extra small tap on it.
I want to use it for DI, though im not sure how to do that.
It seems like most DI vessels have a screw on outlet top, which seals it for pressure and a small riser tube to the bottom. Do you know where you can get them? or would it be easy to make one. Also what is the riser tube for water going in? or water out? what acts as a barrier for the resin so it doesnt come through the outlet? much appreciated any help, as it would be good to use it for DI. Its quite big too, il get some picts soon.