Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

barry80

advice on buying shurflow back pack please.
« on: May 27, 2008, 08:55:03 am »
Hi, just wondering if you guys could advice me on a shurflo backpack , are they any good ? ...... I am thinking on buying  a shurflow with a flow control  and vikan  brush head ....etc... I am buying this to do conservtary roofs etc just to make my job safer as these roofs  can be very dangerous these days as they get bigger! your coments would be helpfull Thnks barry. :)
hello.

d s windowcleaning

Re: advice on buying shurflow back pack please.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 08:58:48 am »
if its only being used for conservtary roofs you would be better just getting the cheaper window cleaning warehouse backpack , these are just as good as shurflo .
where theres muck theres money

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 10:06:05 am »
Don't get a backpack, get a inline DI canister from tap if your only using it for conservatories.

Your backpack will be empty very quickly, and you won't even have done a quarter of a big conservatory. Or put up with hauling 25l barrels.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 10:14:59 am »
Hi, just wondering if you guys could advice me on a shurflo backpack , are they any good ? ...... I am thinking on buying  a shurflow with a flow control  and vikan  brush head ....etc... I am buying this to do conservtary roofs etc just to make my job safer as these roofs  can be very dangerous these days as they get bigger! your coments would be helpfull Thnks barry. :)

Do you use WFP anyway?  You know the backpack doesn't filter the water don't you?

You can just use ordinary water to clean con roofs, just connect pole to outside tap.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 10:17:10 am »
Don't get a backpack, get a inline DI canister from tap if your only using it for conservatories.

that would be ok but what if theres no outside tap to use ?
where theres muck theres money

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 10:17:20 am »
Maybe on plastic roofs, but on clear roofs, I would do it first with tap water, and then rinse with pure water.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 10:18:07 am »

that would be ok but what if theres no outside tap to use ?

Then you'd have to go either with a trolly, or backpack. It's not very practical, but for small jobs would be ok.  :)

barry80

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 02:09:38 pm »
well lots off my custies dont have out side taps, all so I want it to look more pro .... etc... I do have a system ( pole with brush ) that all ready links up to custies out side taps that does a good job but I want to do away with hose's that get in the way especialy one roof Ive got to do soon on a £57,000 coservatary that is huge,  basically  I want no hose's on the job, so do you think a back pack will do it. I am going to use rain water out of my water butt to fill the backpack, Do you think it will be ok to use water butt water guys? as Ive been told and have read on here that water butt water is pure, as its rain water.  Thanks barry. :)
hello.

Xline Systems

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 02:17:30 pm »
hi barry i would rig up a little pump and di vessel from you water butts int a 25ltr containers making sure that the water reads 0
this way you would have piece of mind.
i may have a second hand 12v pump and di unit knocking around at the back of the shop

barry80

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 03:03:02 pm »
hi xline how much you asking? thanks barry
hello.

Xline Systems

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 03:30:47 pm »
give me a ring mate got loads of pumps and di vessels knocking around in the back.
will be me that answers if you ring today 0115 9394444
sure we can come to some sort of deal not a gready man