Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Printing out addresses with George?
« on: May 24, 2008, 10:36:11 am »
I want to print out all my addresses for a wfp switch over letter (yes I'm definitely doing that), and get them on some stickers, or I'll just glue them on or something.

I really don't feel like writing them all down on envelopes, is there an option in George for this?

pjulk

Re: Printing out addresses with George?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 05:17:35 pm »
No there is no option.

steve m

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 05:22:51 pm »
type the letter out in word and use mail merge

Mr H

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 08:41:19 am »
Or go to www.georgesystems.co.uk/Download/download.html , download the "Data Export" utility and try that. Its at the bottom of the page.

Regards
Mr H

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 08:55:26 am »
if you want to just stick them onto a envelope you can prnt a "job list" in George then cut them out

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 12:18:20 pm »
I don't have George but it sounds like it can't directly do what you want.  However, if George has an "export" option as has been mentioned, maybe you can export as a .csv (comma separated values) file, build a more conventional database and import your data into that.  You could then use the mailmerge facility in your word processor to print your labels.
It sounds complicated but would only have to be done once and is rather simpler than it actually sounds.  The key to it being whether or not George can export data as .csv  .

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 02:52:06 pm »
Hmm, yea I've been writing down addresses on the envelopes, have 103 customers, so it will take a while, but it's not terrible to do I guess.

Thanks anyway. :)

George Systems

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 10:44:44 am »
Hi Tim

Mr H is right - use our Data Export program - it produces a CSV file that you can use with a Word Processor or Spreadsheet.

Paul

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 10:48:43 am »
Hi Tim

Mr H is right - use our Data Export program - it produces a CSV file that you can use with a Word Processor or Spreadsheet.

Paul

Thanks, I'll use it in future :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 06:44:27 pm »
Hi Tim

Paul

Nice one Paul.
That's an important facility to have IMO.