Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

birdymiller

25litre containers
« on: May 27, 2008, 03:48:47 pm »
Dont know if anyone has posted this before but been on the phone to a company in wrexham that supply water containers and butts. They have the ones that freedom supply for £1.10. Only problem is that they only deliver pallets at £45 to sheffield. I was wondering if anyone wants to chip in with me as they can fit 64 containers on a pallet or you can have a mixture of containers, barrels or butts. Just thought that if there were 5 or 6 interested near sheff then it would work out £20 for 10 containers. Anyone up for it :)

Xline Systems

Re: 25litre containers
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 03:53:10 pm »
hi there intrested in buying the lot can you ring me please. thanks james (xline)
0115 9394444

kirky

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 06:30:34 pm »
hey up birdy lad,2 mates of mine also interested gis a bell and i'll put you in touch ;)

dai

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 08:39:02 pm »
I went there and bought some for £1 each cash. The tops leak on half of them though

mark dew

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 08:56:42 pm »
birdy, if you have a van, get a tank put inside and a 12v submersible pump and just use one 25 litre barrel and refill it each time.
If you can't get a tank put inside then ignore. But this way is soooo much quicker.

Also, to speed you up is getting 10 metre extra hose that goes up the pole. So if you use an 18 ft pole, get 50 ft of pole hose and replace the original hose that has come with the pole.
This will allow you to position the trolley in 1 or 2 places and work from there.
With normal pole hose lengths, you will have to move the trolley every couple of windows and this is very time consuming.

Start at the back of the hose or furthest from the van so if you run out you will have less distance to travel.

If you can get a water tank fitted to your van, you wil have the option of using the trolley independantly or by plugging it into the main tank. With a reel of microbore you will then have a van mount as well.

I believe by just doing the above you will knock 25% of the time you work off your day.
You will then knock more time off per job with experience of the trolley and knowing your work place. But this will take several cleans.

Good luck with the trolley. It's a good bit of kit.

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 09:21:19 pm »
 ;)
Ecover sell cleaning products to retailers in 20-25lt tubs.
These are then dumped
Look out for a local one, get them for nothing!
need a rinse obviously!

cost a trip in the van!  ;)

birdymiller

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 09:34:10 pm »
cheers my trolley has about 50 metres of a thin yellow hose on a reel already so shouldnt have to move it that often. the poles i have got are unger ones with a thin tube wrappped around the pole taking the water to the brush. it is getting in the way when i want adjust the clamps. might have to rethink them.