Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WayneThomas

Re: Warm water
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2008, 03:53:04 pm »
I  don't need to market it as my window cleaning results speaks volumes in new referals.
I have never advertised, although I have been given free publicity in a local parish magazine for excellent results on some very challenging buildings that other window cleaners have been unable to touch.
I wish to expand into larger contracts this year so for the first time since starting window cleaning I will be advertising in the hope of picking up more lucrative work.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 04:05:03 pm »
Hi Wayne  :)
How come you have started again as a newbie

WayneThomas

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2008, 04:06:46 pm »
My house got struck by lightning in the recent thunderstorms. I lost a lot of electrical equipment. I'm borrowing a friends computer at the moment.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2008, 04:08:59 pm »
Hope its not one of those times when the insurance company points to the small print disclaimer or not a new for old policy. May be worth getting your own assesor if so.

WayneThomas

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2008, 04:14:18 pm »
I was up a ladder several years ago and lightning struck the tree right behind me (about 5ft away). I nearly **** myself. I stopped window cleaning immediately, slid down the ladder in a split second, left the ladder standing against the window and put a note through the customers door to say I'll pick my ladder up in the morning, lol

My insurance is paying out next week so I've been looking for new boys toys in the shops this week as my insurance is new for old, yipee.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2008, 04:20:51 pm »
How many reciepts do you want printing  ?  ;D ;D

paulscotney

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2008, 04:42:46 pm »
You can get secondhand Eperspachers (from old buses) for about £150. Perfectly serviceable. I stuck one in a boat about 6 years ago. Cost me £100.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2008, 11:18:56 pm »
You can get secondhand Eperspachers (from old buses) for about £150. Perfectly serviceable. I stuck one in a boat about 6 years ago. Cost me £100.

Look on the german ebay site,.. there's loads of them!

For WFP purposes, the heat output is lower, the running costs are higher, it draws a lot of power from your battery, and the wiring required to make it an "on demand" heater is a bit more complex when compared to a gas powered unit,... but it does mean you'll have no gas cylinder in the van,..... an advantage that I can certainly appreciate!