Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: www.mgwc.org
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2008, 06:38:52 pm »
I am a member of B.A.G.S

Bristol and Gloucestershire Shiners.

We are an association of likeminded window cleaners in the Bristol and Glos areas who want to show our customers that we are reliable and trustworthy. With our sophisticated "Word for Windows" program and colour inkjet printer we produce the BAGS logo on our headed paper for all our larger quotations.

Appropriately it is a shield with a black background with BAGS written over the top with a squeegie to one side and a wfp to the other.

At our annual general meeting last week we had 100% attendance and we both decided to forge links with two other likeminded associations to add credibility.

The first is the South London and Guildford Shiners (SLAGS) and the other is the South Wales and Gwent group (SWAG).

If all six members of the three associations agree we will call ourselves the:-
SWAG-BAGS SLAGS which I am sure you'll agree will add credibility to all our quotations with this legend emblazoned across the top!

(I did hear that Tosh and Squeaky were going to leave the SWAG and set up JAGS -Japanese and Geordie Shiners - but only Tosh liked the name so that fell through ...)

Ha ha ha !!
You've done it again Malc.
Thanks for making me smile again.
I bet there would be a big influx in the South Hertfordshire branch but we better not go there, eh?     ;D

Pat Purcell

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2008, 06:59:01 pm »
??? well what's the final say..

Join..... YES or NO

Simply one word answers please !  :-\
Is 2 words OK
WHY NOT?
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Kev R

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2008, 07:09:23 pm »
So it doesn’t matter how long you have been window cleaning, how much investment you have put into your business and how well you conduct your trade you are not allowed to call yourself a professional, your either a one man band or a small firm with no trade representation.

Ewan  :)

Professional - adjective

1. following an occupation as a means of livelihood or for gain: a professional builder.

A profession is simply the above ;)

paulscotney

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2008, 08:00:12 pm »
Regarding customers searching through the website to find out what the membership fee is: I would think that is very rare and those that do are customers who are probably going to be a pain in the neck anyway and not worth having.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2008, 09:09:10 pm »
STD)  10. E−mail address  11. Web Site Address  12. State maximum value of work for which you wish to be considered.  £ 13. State minimum value of work for which you wish to be considered.  £ 14. What is the largest project undertaken to date.  £ 15. Turnover Status for past 3 years Year  Turnover  16. Please provide details of any associated companies and branches.  17. Are you CITB registered Yes  No  If No, are you exempt from the scheme? Yes
  No
  Reg. No  18. Of which Trade Organisation or Federations are you a member ? Form_K29 340 22/05/2007

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2008, 09:10:34 pm »
Here is an excert from an online procurement form i am currently filling in for a national company

paulscotney

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2008, 09:26:42 pm »
Hi Dave, I can understand everything that you say and I respect your opinions, but I think that the MGWC is far more suited to me than the Fed or APWC.  Anyway all organisations have to start somewhere. I have looked at the other two and the MGWC is far better value for myself. You say £150pa is cheap, well £12 is even cheaper.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2008, 09:33:51 pm »
Read q18 it is not me asking the questions, if i werent a member of any i would have to leave the box blank, might not count for much but the question i there for a reason.

As i said earlier im not promoting no particular organisation.

paulscotney

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2008, 09:42:36 pm »
Anyway no need to reply but whether you type in Fed, APWC, MGWC or MWCA I can't think that it makes much of a difference. Surely the person who hires you will choose you because of your smart appearance, knowledge of H & S, honesty, level of equipment, references etc  and most importantly the VALUE for money that you give. Good luck to you anyway.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2008, 09:47:51 pm »
Anyway no need to reply but whether you type in Fed, APWC, MGWC or MWCA I can't think that it makes much of a difference. Surely the person who hires you will choose you because of your smart appearance, knowledge of H & S, honesty, level of equipment, references etc  and most importantly the VALUE for money that you give. Good luck to you anyway.

Well said Paul!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2008, 09:53:21 pm »
Well, never mind.

I am only telling you what works for me, I have picked up £45k of commercial work in the last 3 months so would like to think i know what i am talking about

paulscotney

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2008, 10:00:57 pm »
Honestly I am not knocking you. If I was you I would be a member of everything as well but I am not, I have been back cleaning for 6 months after a 7 year break, so I have to choose the best for my present situation and there is a lot of support and knowledge at the MGWC for the asking at a very affordable price.  All the best.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2008, 10:05:24 pm »
Paul

I am sure you will do well , everyone has to start somewhere, i didnt join the fed until i was cleaning for 3 years.

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2008, 10:14:31 pm »

I don't earn anywhere near that much, good on you!  8)

I would have thought however, someone with a operation your size would be a member of all of them... as it is all tax deductible! 8)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2008, 10:30:15 pm »
IDeal

Thanks

The fed wont let me join, lol

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2008, 10:39:45 pm »
 ;D :D ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2008, 11:23:12 pm »
IDeal

Thanks

The fed wont let me join, lol

I thought they would want you on their books so you could lend them some money   ;D

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 12:55:39 pm »
David

Bit of a porky

Have you filled in the  FWC application form?
All window cleaners will join what they want to and nobody can change this

What you really have to look at what your trade body is acheiving for our industry?

Money is a big issue but if you look at previous posts about what you are supposed to be earning join for less than one days work

Bryan 

Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)
My opinons are my own and nothing to do with the federation of window cleaners

Kev R

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2008, 05:22:44 pm »

Money is a big issue but if you look at previous posts about what you are supposed to be earning join for less than one days work

Bryan 

One days graft, give the money to the FED and get nothing in return, doesn't seem fair somehow  ???