Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Distortion

List of Q's ;D
« on: April 30, 2008, 08:06:19 pm »
Hi guys,

I want to pick your brains and hope you can help with some / all of my questions.

Rant on ....

1) At what point did you register for VAT ? and what does it entail ?

2) (stupid Q) Do you use water from your home address, how much on average does this cost per month (and how much do you use) ?

3) Would you reccomend a fibreglass or aluminium pole ?

4) Apart from liability insurance, accident cover and water costs, what other ongoing costs do i need to consider ?

5) If i am using a pole system (decided to go for a Shurflo Backpack and pole system) would i still need ladders for anything you can think of ? as this would mean i also need a roof rack.

6) What would a starter kit consist of using a WFP ? how many brushes etc.

7) how do you price up a conservatory ?

8) At the moment i am a named driver on my wifes car insurance which is domestic use only. Obviously i will need to change this to business use - in your experience have you found this easy and affordable to do ?

Really appreciate any questions you can answer.

Maybe one day i can give out advice :o

Happy cleaning

JP

Distortion

Re: List of Q's ;D
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 08:52:10 pm »
I'm based in Staffordshire - why  ??? Have you got any work for me?  ;)

NWH

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 09:02:30 pm »
I wouldn`t worry about the VAT yet.

mci services

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 09:37:55 pm »
1 dont worry about vat yet
2 im not on a water meter so dont know
3 poles ? ask that one separetly once you know what your doing
4 resin, fuel, broken parts wear and tear
5 to gain access over gates, or bulding with extensions etc
6as well as your backpack you will need an ro system to produce water or di if your water is soft enough, and something to carry it in that can transfer to backpack,
these are very short answers have a look round the site for more detailed answers or ask maybe one at a time eventually it will make sense

business use for my car cost an extra 25 quid at start now have a van with separate policy

vision tech

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 11:51:53 pm »
if your car is only taking you to your place of work it is not business use ,same as going to work anywhere.
I started out with nothing......I still have most of it.

jonah

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 11:54:27 pm »
if your car is only taking you to your place of work it is not business use ,same as going to work anywhere.
Dont I know you from somewhere ?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 11:57:10 pm »
Whereabouts in Staffordshire are you from

We are by Alton Towers

Rob ;D

LWC

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 03:20:48 am »

We are by Alton Towers

Rob ;D

ooo do you do the hotel there!

we stayed there a couple of months ago, could defo do with a window cleaner!! and theres lots of them too!

Distortion

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 06:57:51 am »

We are by Alton Towers

Rob ;D

Hi Rob,

I'm from Newcastle- under- Lyme but living and doing my business in Stafford.

Thanks for the replys guys, keep them coming

Vision tech... What your on about is commuting to and from one place of work. Ill be using the car to do my rounds, so will need to add business to the policy.

JP

Rob_Mac

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 07:36:31 am »
LWC

I sold all my work, we looked after the security lodge on the park, the big McDonalds (which is now Burger King) and Magic HQ - which is the main staff offices.

They are a right tight bunch up there and there is a safe contractor scheme in place but my understanding is that the hotels have a window cleaner????!!!!!. It is a real closed shop to get anywhere on the park and as we are working in other directions they can stay dirty for me.

Distortion - the money in your area is in the Seabridge area - we had a bit of work over there but it was too far out of the way for us so we let it go - well priced as well

Good luck

Rob ;D

Rob

Pj

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 08:30:58 am »
Hi guys,

I want to pick your brains and hope you can help with some / all of my questions.

Rant on ....

1) At what point did you register for VAT ? and what does it entail ?

Don't worry about VAT untill your turn over heads toward 50K

2) (stupid Q) Do you use water from your home address, how much on average does this cost per month (and how much do you use) ?

Most from home.  Allow £40 per month.  20,000litres

3) Would you reccomend a fibreglass or aluminium pole ?

Fibreglass/Carbonfibre

4) Apart from liability insurance, accident cover and water costs, what other ongoing costs do i need to consider ?

Tank,pump,hoses,filter system,spares etc.  bottomless pockets!

5) If i am using a pole system (decided to go for a Shurflo Backpack and pole system) would i still need ladders for anything you can think of ? as this would mean i also need a roof rack.

Yes, all trad tools too

6) What would a starter kit consist of using a WFP ? how many brushes etc.

Whatever you can afford from £250 to 25K

7) how do you price up a conservatory ?

Per hour, per condition, per inconvenience, per client status, per standard required etc.

8) At the moment i am a named driver on my wifes car insurance which is domestic use only. Obviously i will need to change this to business use - in your experience have you found this easy and affordable to do ?

No brainer!  You have to

Really appreciate any questions you can answer.

Maybe one day i can give out advice :o

Happy cleaning

JP